Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 07-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
agent5

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS (+RS) + Hurst+ DME
Advise on launching after some upgrades

Hi Everyone,
Back in September I took my car (2013 Camaro SS/RS) to the drag strip (bone stock) and did a number of runs as it was my first time. I ended up finding that ~2500RPM, all nannies off, a little bit of clutch to ease the car and mash it got me to about 13.2 seconds to the 1/4 mile.

Tomorrow I plan to go again but this time I have a number of improvements I did meanwhile:
1. Procharger i1 bolt on with stock (procharger) tune, RWHP probably a bit above 500.
2. BMR upgrades in the rear to minimize wheel hop, I put in bushings - Pro Version, Trailing Arms w/Poly Bushings, Outer Bushings for Trailing Arms and Non Adjustable Toe Rods w/Poly.

The idea behind it was have a lot more fun but keep it my daily driver. I have to say all in all I love it and the car has been great for 8000 miles now.

However, I was curious on how to adjust my launch strategy for tomorrow considering the changes I did. On one hand the BMR should allow more power to go to the road but it's only continental DW's so I don't know if raising the RPM will help. Also, that procharger will likely up the torque going to the road as well. I just am not sure how the mechanics of this will play out. Anyone have experience here?

Thanks in advance,
-D
agent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:20 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Your going to have to play with it, and see what the car likes. I would try pre-loading the drivetrain. Grab the emergency brake, hold in the button so you can release it quickly. Unload the clutch to the point of the car wanting to move, and then go. So with the car in first gear, one hand on the wheel, and one on the ebrake, and clutch almost to the point of bogging or stalling the car out. Try that, and play with the RPM's to see what works best. I would be willing to bet you won't need to launch at the same RPM,

Also, get yourself some proper tires, 20 inch drag radials work wonders, or some 17 or 18 inch wheels are even better.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote