Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
Sturgill_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Question Power Steering issue

Just got the Camaro up and running yesterday. Drives great! Except for the steering is awkward and the pump is noisy. The pump was fine before I started the rebuild. It was low on fluid so we filled it, a day later and it's no better. Is there a way to bleed these?
Old 03-31-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
the only way that I am aware of is too get the front end jacked up high so the front tires are hanging...then since you are already there...do a complete drain/refill(don't have a suction device? the lower low pressure hose slips off very easily(haha don't ask) to drain)...refill and then start the car...slowly turn the wheel lock to lock several times...checkin the fluid level...this should hopefully flush any air bubbles....

take it for a test drive to see any improvement and if the process needs to be repeated...

hope this provides the (fix) so you can get that 506/482 to the street!

peace
Old 03-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
Sturgill_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thanks Frank you've been a great help as always! I will give this a try tomorrow! As far as the dyno graph goes I will post a pic after work! Thanks again brother
Old 03-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
the only way that I am aware of is too get the front end jacked up high so the front tires are hanging...then since you are already there...do a complete drain/refill(don't have a suction device? the lower low pressure hose slips off very easily(haha don't ask) to drain)...refill and then start the car...slowly turn the wheel lock to lock several times...checkin the fluid level...this should hopefully flush any air bubbles....

take it for a test drive to see any improvement and if the process needs to be repeated...

hope this provides the (fix) so you can get that 506/482 to the street!

peace
Beat me to it. This is absolutely spot on

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote