Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #477
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Wow! That intake looks great! Can't wait to see it snuggled between the heads...

Sam
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #478
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #479
csendlak

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Awesome

Nathan . . . wow just looked through 20 pages of your project
absolutely over the top and awesome, well done sir. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
csendlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #480
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Wow! That intake looks great! Can't wait to see it snuggled between the heads...

Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by csendlak View Post
Nathan . . . wow just looked through 20 pages of your project
absolutely over the top and awesome, well done sir. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Thanks guys for the props!

Picked up the alternator last night. One step closer....

Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #481
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
What kind of paint did you use for the fan assembly?

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...7319/017-4.jpg
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #482
Moreno1

I guess I wont have a need for this ugly contraption anymore.....stay tuned.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #483
Synner

Drives: cars
Sounds like you busted out the credit card.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #484
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Mike just e-mailed me this pic. Can't wait to get it and start putting her back together.

thats amazing. our quickly becoming the standard for all other engine bays to be judged.
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #485
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
This thread is bizarrely fascinating lol. I don't know if you're aware of Hose Candy but these guys have some interesting stuff you might find useful.

http://www.oomphlabs.com/product/hose-candy/

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #486
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012REDSS View Post
thats amazing. our quickly becoming the standard for all other engine bays to be judged.
Thanks, I appreciate that. But, that would be quote the feat considering how many really nice cars are on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
This thread is bizarrely fascinating lol. I don't know if you're aware of Hose Candy but these guys have some interesting stuff you might find useful.

http://www.oomphlabs.com/product/hose-candy/
Doc, I have been a great admire of your build. I have learned a lot fallowing your progress. Thanks for the tip, looks like they have some stuff I might be able to use.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #487
Moreno1

[QUOTE=LC;4616935]What kind of paint did you use for the fan assembly?

Here you go, remember to scuff the surface really good first.

572HP, I found some clear that supposedly doesn't yellow. This particular can has flatner added. I going to try it on a test panel, see how it looks.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #488
Moreno1

Did a little wire work today.

This bundle is the harness that runs over the top of the engine. It feeds five different connectors.

I separated each connector and wrapped them individually. This makes them easier to manage them.

Next I started the process of relocating the PCM inside the cabin air box. The first step was to undo the fuse box. Which was pretty simple, just pull on the tabs (See picture below) and it comes right off. To remove the lower portion requires the removal of just one bolt.

Removing the PCM was also straight forward. Just push down on the tabs with a flat head screw driver to pop them off the bracket.

Here's another picture to give you a better idea.

Once you pull it out, you can them unclasp it from the plastic retainer.

This picture shows were it's new home will be. To get access to this area, you will need to remove the plastic panel just above it. There's just a couple of bolts and press pins that need removing.

Well, I guess things were going to smoothly because Old Murphy decided to pay me a visit. Unfortunately he and I have gotten pretty well acquainted.

The plan was to remove the black panel in order to drill the mounting holes for the PCM. I will also need to drill a 1 1/2" hole to to slip the harness through.

I have removed every visible bolt, nut and still can't get it to go. The picture below shows the five area I removed bolts and nuts from. I also removed the nuts that hold the ABS down to see if it would help but still no luck.

I was trying to remove the bracket with the insulation still on it. But since I couldn't see what might be holding it down , well...... I said the hell with the insulation and rip it off

I normally don't lose my cool but ........ . I guess this is an example of one of those ""REALLY, are you freaking sh@!#$& me! SERIOUSLY!"

Some else I'll need to buy, LOL.

So if anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them! Maybe Kyle aka NC-V or EZSPEED can throw me a bone.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #489
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
It's been about 6 months since I've pulled one off, but I remember having the same issue the first time lol. Don't worry about the insulation, it isn't that expensive (Def. want to take it off first though next time). Pretty sure part of what is holding it is is glue/sealer, and the rest is it actually being positioned in a tight spot. Start at the corner under the fender pulling and pushing back and forth. You will need to pull that corner towards the front of the car to get it out from under the fender lip. Once that corner and edge is free you should be able to work the rest loose, but you may have to pull the ABS/brake lines out of the way to get it out of there.
Before you drill the holes to mount the pcm, mock it up in there with the plugs plugged in. If you mount it too high it will be difficult to get the plugs on and off due to the filter cap. Also, the next time I do it I will probably not put the large hole in the side for the wires, I will probably open up the bottom and run them up that way instead.
If you still have problems getting it out tomorrow let me know and I will look at it closer when I am back in the shop Monday morning.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #490
Moreno1

Thanks Bro, I appreciate the bail out. I took a nap just to decompress, LOL. I'll go at it again tomorow. By the way, great idea on just cuting a slit off the bottom to run the wires under it!

Get on line tomorrow, in case I need you to through me a line.