Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
I believe age discrimination be an infraction

After being a active member for as long as I can remember, I am getting tired of seing people being belittled based on thier age. I truly believe this type of behavior should not be accepted by the forum. I believe this goes against the basic principle of respecting each other. Why should we have to deal with people down talking us based on our age? We all are hear to talk about our passion for Camaros not play "I am older so I am better."
Old 05-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
I will have to agree but this is the real world. I am a young financial advisor working for a firm that deals mainly with seniors. I get it every day. It also works the other way around. This is the Internet and many people think they are kings of the world but in person they wouldn't dare say it. So I agree that age discrimination should be monitored but I also have to say toughen up a bit. I am not trying to be a a hole but rather help give u some in sight.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I will have to agree but this is the real world. I am a young financial advisor working for a firm that deals mainly with seniors. I get it every day. It also works the other way around. This is the Internet and many people think they are kings of the world but in person they wouldn't dare say it. So I agree that age discrimination should be monitored but I also have to say toughen up a bit. I am not trying to be a a hole but rather help give u some in sight.
Trust me I tell off people all the time who discriminate me against my age, I leave no tips for a hole waiters.
I know it can never be stopped, but I mean why should anyone have to deal with that while just browsing around looking up cars? It's not something where being older actually can help.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
It's not just age, but gender too.... sometimes when I walk into an auto shop, they can pull a fast one on me.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
No tips for a hole waiters? Gutsy move changing the world one minimum wage service industry worker at a time. Carry on with your crusade and thankfully no infraction points for sarcasm.......yet.

And for the record you can always find the worst in people if you look hard enough.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
Old 05-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

I believe age discrimination be an infraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
No tips for a hole waiters? Gutsy move changing the world one minimum wage service industry worker at a time. Carry on with your crusade and thankfully no infraction points for sarcasm.......yet.
Sorry I just took some medicine and it screwed up my long term memory and I can't recall much. But thanks for your valuable insight. Screw off

Doesn't take long to find it in you does it?

Here is another story. I got pulled over one day for no reason other then I looked young. I pulled out the paper showing him how that was illegal and told him to f off before I report him.

Last edited by Synerbee; 05-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamariella View Post
It's not just age, but gender too.... sometimes when I walk into an auto shop, they can pull a fast one on me.
If discrimination is suppose to be illegal everywhere why not on a forum that is suppose to family oriented. What kind of values is that teaching?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
There it is......didn't even have to look hard for it.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
Old 05-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
We don't need a special infraction for age discrimination, just as we don't need one for gender or race or anything else. Its all covered under our generic code of conduct, which includes being respectful to others. If you see it happening, report it.

For myself, I was well aware of the fact that when I joined, some people may not take a guy in his early 20s too seriously in discussions. My solution was to not point out my age. Because nobody has any idea how old you are on a forum unless you tell them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Lighten up young wipper snapper. I doubt that most people are tryng to disrespect you.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
Sorry I just took some medicine and it screwed up my long term memory and I can't recall much. But thanks for your valuable insight. Screw off

Doesn't take long to find it in you does it?

Here is another story. I got pulled over one day for no reason other then I looked young. I pulled out the paper showing him how that was illegal and told him to f off before I report him.
This actually tells me a lot about your possible issues.

You are asking to be respected, yet you tell someone to 'screw off'. Being respectful goes both ways. Treat others as you wish to be treated. That is part of the first rule on Camaro5, and a good one to live by in general.

Telling a cop to f-off for pulling you over isn't doing anyone any good. If you want people to treat you like a mature adult, then act like one. In my own experience, I find that people give kids a hard time/dismiss them whatever you wish to call it not because of their age but because of their attitude.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Closed Thread