Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #43
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I think GM tools comment is a good one
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #44
tritus

Drives: RIP Camaro/ 6g Mustang GT/Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
I want to thank everyones input. I decided to wait a year. If I got something now I would probably be settling because I also do want a convertible. I figured I would wait to Feb/March 2016 see how the new ones are and if not grap a close out 2015 on the cheap. I just don't want to grab a 2ss or 1ss and then thin about why I didnt get the convertible.

Quick question though. If the ultimate plan is to trade it in does it make sense to save up extra money or use the money i would save for the new car to pay down the current Camaro?

thanks
If you are going to just save the money and not invest it you should go ahead and make payments on your loan that way you will be saving money since you will not be paying interest to your lender. But if you think that you can invest your money at a rate that is greater than your APR+Inflation go ahead and keep the loan and invest your money. But just putting it in a savings account with no return while accumulating interest on your loan is not a good idea.
tritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 PM   #45
John Galt

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 A6 Coupe
Quote:
Quick question though. If the ultimate plan is to trade it in does it make sense to save up extra money or use the money i would save for the new car to pay down the current Camaro?
If the Camaro loan is your highest interest rate debt, then pay it down.

If you do get a car next year, try to buy something you can drive and be happy with for 5-7 years.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #46
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'm also going to spend the next year practicing manuel so that I can get a stick Camaro. I go to the track with my brothers every few months. They have a trans am and a SS camaro and it kinda sucks just sitting on the side watching but maybe this is all for the best..
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #47
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan325 View Post
I didn't mean it as an insult / knock either so just want to make sure it wasn't taken that way

I drive the speed limit as well (or close to it - most of the time lol) I'm not in my teens/early twenties anymore. My car is supercharged now (had it back ~1 week now) and even with 550ish hp I still do 70ish on the freeway (its a 65 zone) and generally stick to ~5 over and generally no more then 10 over at worst.

Is it tempting to drive 150+ mph on the freeway and get there in matter of seconds? Of course!! I enjoy my license though and my low insurance though. Do I enjoy getting on it to reach the speed limit(ish)? HELL YES and I do it very frequently More HP does not equal more driving irresponsibly.
This is statistically true. If you look at the top ten cars getting tickets, none of them are muscle cars. They are all economy models. The guys with the muscle cars know the cops are paying attention to them and tend to drive appropriately... albeit with a lot more enjoyment!

As for the trade in, if you want to do it and can afford it. Go for it. I traded my 2LT for a 2SS three months after buying it. Found a dealer who didn't try to take me to the cleaners and got exactly what I wanted. Loved the V6. Love the V8 even more. But make sure you look at your budget before you jump.

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #48
Smokye

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS M6
Heads up display makes it hard to speed. No tickets in my camaro but 3 in the wife lexus. Smh. Hey just give the dealership yours and buy mine
Smokye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #49
xinfamousxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokye View Post
Heads up display makes it hard to speed. No tickets in my camaro but 3 in the wife lexus. Smh. Hey just give the dealership yours and buy mine
The reason I really want a 2SS.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:58 AM   #50
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I'm also going to spend the next year practicing manuel so that I can get a stick Camaro.
Here's your first lesson: it's spelled m-a-n-u-a-l. Manuel is the guy from Mexico.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #51
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
The reason I really want a 2SS.
Really? You're going to spend an extra three grand because want to avoid speeding tickets? Just set the speed warning in your DIC.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:41 AM   #52
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
V8
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:00 AM   #53
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
My fear on the HUD is that it will become dated. I knew I would be keeping this car a long time and there are always better electronics coming out.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:44 AM   #54
xinfamousxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Here's your first lesson: it's spelled m-a-n-u-a-l. Manuel is the guy from Mexico.
Oops auto correct
Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 AM   #55
xinfamousxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
My fear on the HUD is that it will become dated. I knew I would be keeping this car a long time and there are always better electronics coming out.
That's true I still think it's a nice little feature
Old 01-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #56
xinfamousxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Really? You're going to spend an extra three grand because want to avoid speeding tickets? Just set the speed warning in your DIC.
I also kind of would like leather