Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
iceman5

Drives: camaro LT1
fog lights on 2010 1LT

I have a question that know one understands are can answer. when I push in on the button where the lights turn on to make fog lights appear they always want to come on with the amber parking lights. when I see other camaros going down the road it makes me mad when mine want come on without any other lights. is it somthing simple that I am not aware of to make this happen?
iceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5 View Post
I have a question that know one understands are can answer. when I push in on the button where the lights turn on to make fog lights appear they always want to come on with the amber parking lights. when I see other camaros going down the road it makes me mad when mine want come on without any other lights. is it somthing simple that I am not aware of to make this happen?
are sure you have fog lights?
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
If you have a 1LT you have foglights, but the question I have did you buy it new or used. If used it might have been modded somehow and if you bought it new it's normal that the parking lights are on with the fogs.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
The other Camaros you see probably have the RS package. Then the fogs are replaced with Daytime Running Lights instead of using the parking lights.
It's funny the first three answers are from 3 different people with CGM's and RS packages.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
you'll have to look for a wiring harness to make you fogs your DTR...the ones you see like that are the RS packages, which makes the fogs the DRL
Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
iceman5

Drives: camaro LT1
fog lights

Quote:
I bought it brand new when the synergy green camaro was first built and hit the dealerships in 2010. fog lights are what you see down below the grill on the facsia.
iceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
What I'm getting from your posts is that your fog lamps will turn on but the side markers or parking lamps will not come on with your fog lamps as they should. If that is the case I would have to suggest you get your vehicle checked to make sure there isn't some sort of issue with the vehicle. It states clearly in the owners manual, section 5 page 5, that the fog lamps come on with the parking/sidemarker lamps. I hope that helps you and if you continue to have issues or decide to take your vehicle in let me know.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
if you bought/seen a car WITH OUT the RS package, then you have fog lights and like Jeff stated above, the fog lights only come on with the Parking/Sidemarkers lamps.

However, if you bought/seen a car WITH the RS package, then you don't have fog lights or a switch to turn them on or off, they are used as DRL (Daytime Running Lights) and only turn off when the lights are turned on (manually or automatically).

Now, you think it sucks that you can only turn on your FOG LIGHTS with your parking LIGHTS, well, us owners with the RS package want to have the option of leaving them on with our HALO's and/or HID Lights, but we don't get that option, at least not from the factory

It is what it is. Enjoy the car, don't let this little thing get to you, the car is fun to drive.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Quote:
On a non-RS car, the parking lights are on when the fogs are on. On the RS, the parks are off.

I think you just need to clip one of the inside wires on the parking light bulbs to get that look.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
never turned mine on so I can't help you. seldom drive at night or in foggy weather for that matter.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote