Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #4341
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Just heard a new one today on the radio: California wants to pioneer, trailblaze, innovate, by becoming the first state to require "Firearm Insurance" to be maintained by all gun owners. No real details on how it works, but, right off the top, I can tell you that the responsible gun owners are the only ones who would even give the remotest thought to complying with the law... I'm quite certain that gang- bangers, thieves, muggers, drug dealers, and other criminals will not be rushing out to purchase this insurance, on the chance that they might shoot somebody in their course of daily duties. And, I'm pretty sure that, had this law been in effect nationwide since the beginning of time, it would not have changed the details of a single "gun violence tragedy," ever... but, the proponents of this new impediment are really trying to surf the wave of Sandy Hook and Aurora, CA... It's another very thinly veiled attempt to make it suck to own a gun.

They tried to pass that in Mass a year or so again. It's back now being reconsidered with some more things they want to do to us.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #4342
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
If anyone is interested theres a free giveaway for a 4oz FrogLube CLP kit and Magpul T-Shirts on this site http://www.facebook.com/eastcarolinatacticalsupply

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #4343
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Just heard a new one today on the radio: California wants to pioneer, trailblaze, innovate, by becoming the first state to require "Firearm Insurance" to be maintained by all gun owners. No real details on how it works, but, right off the top, I can tell you that the responsible gun owners are the only ones who would even give the remotest thought to complying with the law... I'm quite certain that gang- bangers, thieves, muggers, drug dealers, and other criminals will not be rushing out to purchase this insurance, on the chance that they might shoot somebody in their course of daily duties. And, I'm pretty sure that, had this law been in effect nationwide since the beginning of time, it would not have changed the details of a single "gun violence tragedy," ever... but, the proponents of this new impediment are really trying to surf the wave of Sandy Hook and Aurora, CA... It's another very thinly veiled attempt to make it suck to own a gun.
Time to move out of comufornia
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #4344
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
How is this even legal!?

YOU CAN'T TAX A ****ING RIGHT.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #4345
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
How is this even legal!?

YOU CAN'T TAX A ****ING RIGHT.
I agree but they seem to do a lot of things in Cali that are not legal and get away with it all the time.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #4346
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
I'm looking for jobs out of this state as we speak.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #4347
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I'm looking for jobs out of this state as we speak.
What do you do?

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #4348
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
What do you do?
Well... in a nutshell, I teach electronics, network administration, and computer courses.

I give training to the Navy about how to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the computers and network functions of weapon systems.

If I was doing "commercial" work, it would be a mix between a technician and a network administrator.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #4349
kbeery

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Anyone have experience with the springfield xd40 sub compact? Just bought one today..ill have it monday. Ive read good things about it but havent actually talked to anyone that owns one
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
2011 Camaro SS/RS
kbeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #4350
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Well... in a nutshell, I teach electronics, network administration, and computer courses.

I give training to the Navy about how to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the computers and network functions of weapon systems.

If I was doing "commercial" work, it would be a mix between a technician and a network administrator.
you can get a job as IT on a production platform for any offshore company in the GoM making six figures and a set schedule

Gov. Perry just recently went to California to try and recruit businesses to move to Texas... our freedom loving governors in all states should be soliciting businesses in CA, NY, and IL...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #4351
kalimus

Texas is one of the states I'm eyeballing. My shortfall is how focused my area of expertise is.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #4352
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Texas is one of the states I'm eyeballing. My shortfall is how focused my area of expertise is.
find and email some companies... we are in the process of eliminating our state income taxes so Louisiana could be an option too
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #4353
Pecospete

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange
My little Buddy

[/IMG].

Pecospete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #4354
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That 13 year old was pretty impressive!

And Justin...

Check this out.
Quote:
I agree but they seem to do a lot of things in Cali that are not legal and get away with it all the time.
Which is why 1. I'm never moving there and 2. Everyone is moving out! They are freaking nuts over there!
Quote:
Texas is BOOMING right now.

San Antonio is expanding like no one's business and the corridor between Austin and San Antonio is sure to become San Austin at some point in the distant future. Great place to live.

Oh...and we LOVE our guns!
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun