Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Clutch fluid on the ground.

I have the stock clutch and have not had any slipping even with my mods so far. I don't race or beat on it so the stock clutch has been working very well. I went to back out of the garage and the pedal stuck to the floor and the car was stuck in gear. I got out and looked under the car and saw brake fluid leaking down from the tranny housing. My separate clutch fluid reservoir is now empty. Does this mean the slave cylinder went bad? If I have to replace it should I go to a better clutch also? Which clutch is a good daily for 700 RWHP.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #2
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Unfortunately most likely the slave cylinder let go. I have the Mcleod RXT and love that clutch
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Yes I just confirmed it was the slave cylinder. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Centerforce_Clutches

Drives: Chevy Camaro
When replacing the slave, most people upgrade the bearing support to a metal unit that is less likely to fail.

With that type of power, we would recommend our DYAD dual-disc clutch for awesome performance on and off the track. The engagement and pedal pressure is comparable to stock, but handles up to 1300 ft/lbs easily! If you have any questions, feel free to send us a PM!
Centerforce_Clutches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #5
TRAVIS@SDPC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
We keep the Monster Slave Cylinder Bearing Support in stock. I actually had the same thing happen to my car just before PowerTour last year and had to replace the slave and made sure to get the metal upgrade in when I did it so I would not have to worry about it again.
TRAVIS@SDPC is offline   Reply With Quote