Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
1QwkSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
driveline clunking issue

alright guys have a 12 1SS LS3 M6 cam only car....did 465/430 after tune...has run pretty damn well since and now i'm having an issue with a loud clunk when on the gas coming off clutch from dead stop...does it bottom end of 1st & also lower part of 2nd...car also feels like clutch may be slipping at the same time (thought the ls3/ls7 clutch was good to 650whp?) so when it makes the noise i also "feel the noise" in the clutch/gas pedals...is this the driveshaft play issue that i've been reading about? i shook the hell out of the exhaust & it's not loose at all (was thinking it was hitting the floorboard under the pedals b/c that's where it feels like it's at) so does anyone have any ideas? next step is to verify not a broken motor mount (doubtful b/c it's only in the lower end of 1 & 2 & sometimes accelerating through 3) but i'm just kinda looking for a point in the right direction...thnx
1QwkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
taz327

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Having the same issue with my 2010 2SS M6 and it is the carrier bearing rubber deteriorating then it makes the bolts snap on the drive shaft guido(the rubber in the front and back of the driveshaft and also the rear trans seal opens up and leaks.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would look to upgrade the trailing arms and then toes and that would most likely eliminate the need for more stable rear to have to worry about Sounds as if your something is a little loose and since the trailing arms get such a hammering from wheel hop its the most likely thing for needing replacement on the rear for upgrading to get the power to the ground and the feeling may transfer along the floor boards of the clunk ..... A shot u joint can be heard when engaging into gears often into reverse to forward and back as it gets slop from the bearings falling out. That's for any CLUNKING that may not be transmission related..... you sound more like its the trans....

Heck not knowing what your experiencing you could have a bearing support issue with your slave, a loose tie rod end, a loose sway bar end , a whole bunch of things for making a clunk in the suspension but most likely that's kind of slop in the clutch and I use a separate reservoir, religiously change out my clutch fluid and ensure its getting what it needs via a slave and upgraded bearing support. Look at the other post from TSP showing the bearing support it might be just what you need too? Judging from what you say....you feel it by your feet but hey thats where your going to feel everything anyway a lot. And you can smell when a clutch is slipping and burning maybe that would be a hint to you if its most likely the clutch or its problems, and the putting repeatedly from forward to reverse usually shows drive line problems...... Good Luck I would take it Les Schwab tire store and get it on the rack. If its the driveshaft you have to pull and replace the thing is there are of course aftermarket alternatives just none too cheap I would look and am someday going to have to upgrade myself.