Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
jonathan13

Drives: 2015 Summit White 1LE
My new '15 Summit White 1LE w/ Aero Sport Concept rock guards

I have owned my 1LE for a few months now, and I have yet to share any pictures with you all. I figured since I installed my Aero Sport Concepts rock guards, now is the perfect time to share her with the community- Plus I promised Kurt I would post some pictures after install. Shout out to to Kurt and his beautiful 1LE (Scarlet)! Great product and well worth the money!

I apologize ahead of time for the crappy photos. I did use my D3300 to take the photos, but I am by no means a professional photographer. I am working on my photo skills, but still have miles to go! lol

Tomorrow I am planning on installing my Halltech Yellow Jacket air intake. I have many more parts on my Christmas list (NPP exhaust switch, 1LE emblem, wicker spoiler, lowering springs, etc.) so hopefully I will have some more stuff to share soon.

jonathan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Very nice!
Old 11-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Sweet bro. I'm on it.
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
The First time i have seen someone do the Front and the rear of the wheel wells.... nice

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
Shutudwn

Drives: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
They look good. Definitely picking up a set for next summer.
Shutudwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #6
jonathan13

Appreciate the comments guys! I love how it turned out. Very anxious to get it an inch or so closer to the ground. I feel like that will help the guards look more "racey' if that makes any sense. I feel like at stock height with these guards, it is very close to looking "Subaru rally style" lol.

I have owned probably 50+ cars in my lifetime (I am only 26 years old), and this is my first Camaro. I'm so grateful to get to start driving a Camaro with this brand new 1LE. I know they will continue to get better and better, but there is just something special about a 1LE, which is why I didn't wait for a 2016. I truly hope they continue to build a "track inspired model" going forward whether or not it is known as a 1LE.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
Houseofhotrods

Drives: 2015 GAZ 1LE/2SS/RS/NPP
[QUOTE=jonathan13;8750321]Appreciate the comments guys! I love how it turned out. Very anxious to get it an inch or so closer to the ground. I feel like that will help the guards look more "racey' if that makes any sense. I feel like at stock height with these guards, it is very close to looking "Subaru rally style" lol.

Install wise - are you drilling into the fender aprons or the body to put these on, or do they use existing fasteners? Just wondering how much drilling is involved, and how secure they are once installed. Thanks :-)
Old 11-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #8
jonathan13

[QUOTE=Houseofhotrods;8750375]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan13 View Post
Appreciate the comments guys! I love how it turned out. Very anxious to get it an inch or so closer to the ground. I feel like that will help the guards look more "racey' if that makes any sense. I feel like at stock height with these guards, it is very close to looking "Subaru rally style" lol.

Install wise - are you drilling into the fender aprons or the body to put these on, or do they use existing fasteners? Just wondering how much drilling is involved, and how secure they are once installed. Thanks :-)
That was the exact same question I had prior to purchasing. There are only a couple of holes that need to be drilled, and you will be drilling into the plastic liner, NOT the body of the car. These attach by in large with factory holes that are already present.

As far as durability, once installed these things aren't going anywhere unless you happen to wreck and rip them off. I used the trusty "grab and yank" technique, and they are VERY well fastened to the vehicle.

Kurt really thought out the design of these things. He didn't just slap something together and think "well that should be good enough." I will definitely be doing business again in the future with Aero Sport Concepts!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
UNDRFTD
Banned

Drives: Deep Matte Black 2015 2SS1LE
Where's the AeroSport Rockers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNDRFTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:03 AM   #10
White1LE'15

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Do you go to UB? .... That apartment complex looks familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan13 View Post
I have owned my 1LE for a few months now, and I have yet to share any pictures with you all. I figured since I installed my Aero Sport Concepts rock guards, now is the perfect time to share her with the community- Plus I promised Kurt I would post some pictures after install. Shout out to to Kurt and his beautiful 1LE (Scarlet)! Great product and well worth the money!

I apologize ahead of time for the crappy photos. I did use my D3300 to take the photos, but I am by no means a professional photographer. I am working on my photo skills, but still have miles to go! lol

Tomorrow I am planning on installing my Halltech Yellow Jacket air intake. I have many more parts on my Christmas list (NPP exhaust switch, 1LE emblem, wicker spoiler, lowering springs, etc.) so hopefully I will have some more stuff to share soon.

White1LE'15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #11
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
I need to get a set of those but the price tag is giving me heartburn..

Putting on my winter tires has slowed the rock slinging dramatically, so trying to decide between these at $250 or OEM at $145.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #12
jonathan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRFTD View Post
Where's the AeroSport Rockers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to go with ZL1 rockers before I buy the ASC rocker extensions. Unfortunately with it being Christmas time, I am spending money faster than it's coming in.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #13
jonathan13

White1LE'15- I live in Charlotte (Concord near the Speedway), and have yet to leave the area in her.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #14
jonathan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
I need to get a set of those but the price tag is giving me heartburn..

Putting on my winter tires has slowed the rock slinging dramatically, so trying to decide between these at $250 or OEM at $145.

The main reason I chose these over OEM is because they include the guards for the front of the wheel wells also. It's an 8 piece set. The "front-front" ones remind me of the z28 ones that are used to move air over the tires and make it less turbulent.