Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #43
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Thanks a lot Chase. The Performance Street(non track) specs can be achieved will all else but Apex springs remaining stock(no caster plates, etc)?
Yes, it should.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #44
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Have not had a chance to take many pictures, but wanted to post what I had.

The springs truly ride great, and would say in some cases it rides better than stock even!
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #45
Apex Motorsports

Quote:

The springs truly ride great, and would say in some cases it rides better than stock even!
Looks great. Thank you for your order and the post.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #46
layjar12

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Linear or progressive

I have read other post on this and most are saying you want a linear spring and if I read correctly yours are a progressive spring. What is the diference and why would some say a linear is better and to avoid a progressive spring?
layjar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #47
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by layjar12 View Post
I have read other post on this and most are saying you want a linear spring and if I read correctly yours are a progressive spring. What is the diference and why would some say a linear is better and to avoid a progressive spring?
Here is part of a tech article I wrote that discusses this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post

Linear and Progressive Springs

The two categories of springs commonly used in automotive applications are called linear rate springs and progressive rate springs.

Linear rate springs, also known as standard or specific rate springs, are the simplest spring design there is and are relatively inexpensive to manufacture. The spring has a very uniform design from top to bottom with the coils evenly spaced and all the same diameter. The spring is one rate from top to bottom. This has some advantages for performance at the cost of reduced ride quality. You will most often see a linear spring used on coilovers but some stand alone lowering springs do use this design or some variation of it.

On progressive rate springs the size and spacing of the coils varies. Parts of the spring will have tighter coils that are close together and others with have larger coils that are spaced out more. This creates different spring rates in different parts on the spring. The first section is relatively soft to absorb bumps and cracks in the road for a smoother ride but as the spring compresses the rate increases and it becomes more firm. Because it offers the best of both worlds progressive rate springs tend to be the most common type of lowering spring. They do cost more to make so you will pay more to buy them.
If you read posts from people who have installed our springs you will see that besides the stance the other thing they rave about is the ride. You can not achieve that with a linear rate spring. However, on the track having a linear rate spring would be ideal. It all just depends on how you use your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocashbill View Post
the springs are awesome and the ride is really close to stock. I couldnt be happier with them.
Quote:

Old 09-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #48
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:

That looks truly sexy ST1LE. Please post more pics from different angles, if you don't mind.

Some questions for you:

-How much trouble are you having going around town with the drop and LT's, do you scrape a lot?
-Did you align after install, and if so, did you need anything additional to meet factory specs?
Old 09-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #49
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
That looks truly sexy ST1LE. Please post more pics from different angles, if you don't mind.

Some questions for you:

-How much trouble are you having going around town with the drop and LT's, do you scrape a lot?
-Did you align after install, and if so, did you need anything additional to meet factory specs?
It is not bad at all. You don't want to go all 4x4 over speed bumps but even with long tube headers there is still good clearance. Nothing else is needed to meet factory alignment specs. The stock hardware has plenty of adjustment.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #50
ST1LE

Quote:

Some questions for you:

Hey ZYBORG,

I have been dying to get some more pics taken but it has rained everyday here in Houston since before the install even. I will get some posted in a week or so for you, I promise.

I have had no issues whatsoever scraping my headers, it has not happened once. I am of course cautious(approach at an angle etc), but having the 1LE splitter I always have been. I was able to get a slightly more aggressive alignment than the factory specs, so factory will be NO problem at all. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #51
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
It is not bad at all. You don't want to go all 4x4 over speed bumps but even with long tube headers there is still good clearance. Nothing else is needed to meet factory alignment specs. The stock hardware has plenty of adjustment.
Quote:
Hey ZYBORG,

I have been dying to get some more pics taken but it has rained everyday here in Houston since before the install even. I will get some posted in a week or so for you, I promise.

I have had no issues whatsoever scraping my headers, it has not happened once. I am of course cautious(approach at an angle etc), but having the 1LE splitter I always have been. I was able to get a slightly more aggressive alignment than the factory specs, so factory will be NO problem at all. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Thanks for the responses guys. Will keep a look out for the pics. Car could definitely use a stance enhancement, unfortunately streets here are not easy on lowered vehicles.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #52
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys. Will keep a look out for the pics. Car could definitely use a stance enhancement, unfortunately streets here are not easy on lowered vehicles.
No problem.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #53
ST1LE

So I have not taken any good pictures, but took this video at the tuner and I think it captures the new stance from multiple angles really well(and sounds amazing too).

Old 11-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #54
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Quote:
So I have not taken any good pictures, but took this video at the tuner and I think it captures the new stance from multiple angles really well(and sounds amazing too).

Damn brother, that was sex. Car looks and sounds amazing!
Old 11-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #55
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Damn brother, that was sex. Car looks and sounds amazing!
Pat G does know how to pick them!
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #56
Apex Motorsports

Quote:

That thing sounds like a BEAST! Love it.

Tags
1le lowering springs, apex