Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #1
rtbryant

Drives: 2013 zl1
Looking for OEM clutch

GM is backordered with no estimation date. Anyone know of any speed/performance shops or anywhere that might have one in stock that is a bit off google's path?
rtbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbryant View Post
GM is backordered with no estimation date. Anyone know of any speed/performance shops or anywhere that might have one in stock that is a bit off google's path?

Try Berger Chevy in Grand Rapids Mi, ask for Rusty.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
Blownfogger540

Drives: 2013 ZL1 416
i have a monster triple disc new not much more $ then dealer price for stock
Blownfogger540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:52 AM   #4
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
Thumbs up Stock Clutch

Quote:
Hello,

I have a stock clutch for sale, has only 5000 miles on it still like new. P.M. me if you want to purchase it.
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
rtbryant

Thanks ZMEnow ..Rusty hooked it up with a new OEM clutch!! You guys are lifesavers.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:48 PM   #6
ZMEnow

Quote:
Thanks ZMEnow ..Rusty hooked it up with a new OEM clutch!! You guys are lifesavers.

Cool glad it worked out for you. Just make sure when you receive delivery because I think Rusty makes you sign for it at delivery. Open the pressure plate box and make sure both clutch disk are directly in the center with absolutely no offset.

If there is, return it as that would indicate it was dropped probably by the carrier. Once those clutch disk get moved there isn't anyway you are getting them realigned to slide on trans input shaft. If someone else is doing it for you they may have the tool to realign.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:24 PM   #7
rtbryant

so when I opened it, they were definitely offset by a considerable amount and I assumed it was because of transit. However I was thinking if I used something that simulated the throw out bearing and got the fingers to push in that the disc would be able to get aligned..? Sounds like you know more than me..am I off base? Is there no way to get that disc back?
Old 11-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #8
ZMEnow

Quote:
so when I opened it, they were definitely offset by a considerable amount and I assumed it was because of transit. However I was thinking if I used something that simulated the throw out bearing and got the fingers to push in that the disc would be able to get aligned..? Sounds like you know more than me..am I off base? Is there no way to get that disc back?

You can use a plastic clutch alignment tool, but what are you going to use to compress the pressure plate? You may have to take it to someone in the area that does trans's or a good performance shop that deals with multiple clutch pressure plates.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:13 AM   #9
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Stupid question time.
Why don't they ship it WITH an alignment tool style temp insert in the clutch to keep the disks aligned during shipping ??
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #10
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Stupid question time.
Why don't they ship it WITH an alignment tool style temp insert in the clutch to keep the disks aligned during shipping ??

Awfully good question. I had to call in a favor with our good friend to have mine FBO'd from GM to Rusty which is the process by which GM opens, inspects it reseals and then ship's it. Once it got to Rusty he was required to do the same, but then he put it two outer boxes for a total of three. The alignment tool taped in there would certainly be a lot less money.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:22 PM   #11
rtbryant

ill keep you guys posted