Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #15
DMan918

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 6MT
Where is the best place to order up the 3.91 case? Ebay, classifieds, etc?
DMan918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #16
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome to the forums!! I actually used to live in Algonquin as a kid. I was close enough to walk to school at Neubert Elementary.

That's a pretty sweet looking ride you have and kind of rare finding a convertible with a manual. To help with your questions, here's my opinion:

Rear view mirror: Since there's two pivot points on the mirror, one at the mirror and the other at the windshield. Have you tried pulling the whole thing lower and then angling the mirror up? If that doesn't work, try the inverse where you pull it up at the windshield and then angle it up at the mirror. At 7' tall I've had to play around with my mirror a little to get it how I like it and I hate when my 5'8" wife drives because she always messes up my mirror positions.

Taillight bezel blackout: Go for it! The color combo on your car would look great!

Gears: 4.10 or 4.11 isn't a bad option, but 3.91 gears come as a GM factory part since they were on the 1LE package SS cars. Many people have complimented the 3.91, but there are a few that went higher like you're talking with 4.10 or 4.11.

Tune: If you had an automatic I'd say tune it now if you want, but yes you'll get the most after headers. Since you're a manual car it isn't as beneficial until you get headers because the tune will also change the shift points on an automatic where you're already shifting how you want. Unless you're tuning out the "skip shift", IMO wait until you're tuned. There's also a piece you can plug in to eliminate the "skip shift" if it bothers you without having to tune the car.

Headers/exhaust: If you're looking for a "bang for the buck" header, MOST will tell you to go Speed Engineering. However, Speed Engineering doesn't offer high flow cats as an option. OBX has a price that can't be beat for long tube headers WITH high flow cats. Texas Speed and Stainless Power are two other brands that are more budget friendly that offer high flow cats as a package option. As for exhaust, check out www.solo-performance.com. I have their Mach XL catback on my Camaro for 5 years now and freaking love it. No drone and good classic muscle car sound. There's a convertible option as well so you can enjoy an easy bolt it application. They also make high flow cats that bolt to the factory manifolds if you're not wanting to change headers at all.

Other basic bolt ons could include some cosmetic upgrades like LED side markers, blackout kits for taillights, headlights, side markers, etc., LED upgrades for interior/trunk lights or DRL's (daytime running lights), adapter to keep DRL's on all the time, exhaust cutouts, Heritage Grill (check out Phastek Performance for a real GM one), and more. If you want to get really adventurous, you could upgrade the rear cradle bushings as they're rather mushy from the factory.

Have fun with your car and nice score! Happy modding!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #17
sinlinson
2016 2SS Convertible

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS convertible
I got mine rear on EBay for $650. There are a couple on there now, bur expensive. here are pics of my bezels and engine. Also got the Sport Bar. People love it or hate it, personal prefrence.
Attached Images

sinlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #18
DMan918

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 6MT
Nice car! I like the sport bar but it will probably be even more a pain getting my two year old in and out his car seat

Ok I’ll keep an eye out for the rear end then. Can you provide a link of basically what I am actually looking to get? Thanks!
DMan918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #19
stickwiggler13

Drives: 2012 2SS Convertible
Rally stripes, Rally stripes, Rally stripes
Nice car!��
stickwiggler13 is offline   Reply With Quote