Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #15
gen5dewy

Drives: 2015 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
As to whether the quad exhaust tips might cause issues with the CF diffuser...My diffuser is the Seibon version of the GM factory GFX that had stainless steel bezels around the exhaust exits. My CF version does not have the stainless inserts--it looks like they made the mold with the inserts installed, so there is no buffer between the diffuser and the exhaust tips. I've not had any problems with the CF delaminating or getting discolored.

Compare the factory version to the CF version:
I have round exhaust tips and thats what i am worried about. I am not sure of they will be too be for the openings. Why does GM have to call it quits 95% of the way through a project then just cluster muck it together...
gen5dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #16
Anderson Composites

Drives: 2016 Z28
Anderson Composites has a few options in carbon fiber in stock and ready to ship:

http://andersoncomposites.com/collec...r-rear-valance
Anderson Composites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #17
gen5dewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Composites View Post
Anderson Composites has a few options in carbon fiber in stock and ready to ship:

http://andersoncomposites.com/collec...r-rear-valance
i have been in contact with your sales department. i am looking at both the z28 defuser and the fenders. I have looked at alot of the cars that your products are on and am extremely impressed with the quality and fitment. I look forward to hopefully getting your products
Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #18
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
A friend hooked me up with a graphics place that will do a CF wrap for $250-$300. I'm going to give it a try in a couple months. Supposedly guaranteed for 9 years under heavy use so should last me a lot longer. I figured between the price difference and ease of installation I would go for it
deweyg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:32 PM   #19
gen5dewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyg63 View Post
A friend hooked me up with a graphics place that will do a CF wrap for $250-$300. I'm going to give it a try in a couple months. Supposedly guaranteed for 9 years under heavy use so should last me a lot longer. I figured between the price difference and ease of installation I would go for it
unless he is going to sand it smooth it may look a little weird. that is the one thing that is keeping me from wrapping it. its smoothish but i dont think it would look great.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:44 PM   #20
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
As to whether the quad exhaust tips might cause issues with the CF diffuser...My diffuser is the Seibon version of the GM factory GFX that had stainless steel bezels around the exhaust exits. My CF version does not have the stainless inserts--it looks like they made the mold with the inserts installed, so there is no buffer between the diffuser and the exhaust tips. I've not had any problems with the CF delaminating or getting discolored.

Compare the factory version to the CF version:
Is that GFX Ground Effect diffuser riveted on there permanent or is that photo shopped on there?