Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 06-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
Martin K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 & 2013 SS
Data Recording Help

I am building a track car 2013 SS that will be used specifically for road course racing. I am a novice racer, but fairly tech savy. I am looking for a nice data/lap recording setup that can video overlay, GPS etc and has some upper end look/options but not over the top money wise as I think the technology available in upper tier tech will far outweigh my driving ability at least in the foreseeable future. I have a 17 ZL1 with PDR and it's pretty slick, I do not road course it as it is around 1100rwhp, however I would like something similar to it's PDR but from what all I've read that gets pretty complicated and expensive along the way. I think I've read and researched enough to only confuse myself to the point of indecision.... I have HPT track addict and Racerender but have not used it yet. I have looked at HLT with Bluetooth OBDII and external GPS, have also looked at auto sports lab racecapture mk3 and again I just can't come up with a real answer. I wish/want someone to tell me buy these 3-4-5 things whatever and this will be the result. Albiet this may be a vague question but I wanted to get a conversation started to see if I can get some clear direction. Thanks for any input or willingness to help!
Martin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
I haven't purchased it yet but I plan to go with the AIM system.

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I came across this in the CorvetteForum

https://dragymotorsports.com/
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote