Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 11-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks Joey, I was thinking Amazon. Do you hook right at the battery or the connectors under the hood?

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender.../dp/B000CITK8S
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #30
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Thanks Joey, I was thinking Amazon. Do you hook right at the battery or the connectors under the hood?

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender.../dp/B000CITK8S
I use the connectors under the hood... Quick, easy, and works. No need to mess with the battery in the trunk... I even drop the cord down under the car and bring it out under the fender do the hood can be closed. Didn't need an extension cord or anything. Great product that is easy to use.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #31
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Joey,
Do you use the ring connectors or the clips?
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #32
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
If you are charging a battery that is installed in the car you should not attach the charger to the grounded(negative terminal) on the battery but to the frame or engine block away from the battery. The same way you jump start a car.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #33
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I've read the controversy between direct batter connection or using the post under the hood. To me it would seem to make no difference and I've been told such by the guy at NAPA and my cousin who is a certified tech.

My question is this: After having had my car jump started through OnStar two weeks ago and using a jump pack I decided to get a battery charger/maintainer and I hooked it up to the battery using the ring connectors. All is well and it will only charge when the battery goes into a state of needing to be charged so that's cool!
My inquiry is that I initially hooked it up and closed everything up so that the AC cord was the only thing exposed and it allowed me to plug in and close the rear deck lid. After reading the instructions they suggest not to cut off ventilation to the battery and or charger due to fumes which I would think that Delco is a closed batter with no issues of such. I went back and opended everything up on it and all was well but I'd like to have just the plug exposed so if I decided to drive it, I can unplug and roll.
Anyone have an informed suggestion or comment on this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #34
Jarvin

Drives: 2011/2LT/RS
2 days ago I have finally installed my Battery Tender.
It lasted about 20 hours till the battery was fully loaded.
I think I had to do it earlier.

So far so good. But I was wondering, how long I can attach the Battery Tender?
Can anyone tell me how long it is possible?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #35
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I've read the controversy between direct batter connection or using the post under the hood. To me it would seem to make no difference and I've been told such by the guy at NAPA and my cousin who is a certified tech.

My question is this: After having had my car jump started through OnStar two weeks ago and using a jump pack I decided to get a battery charger/maintainer and I hooked it up to the battery using the ring connectors. All is well and it will only charge when the battery goes into a state of needing to be charged so that's cool!
My inquiry is that I initially hooked it up and closed everything up so that the AC cord was the only thing exposed and it allowed me to plug in and close the rear deck lid. After reading the instructions they suggest not to cut off ventilation to the battery and or charger due to fumes which I would think that Delco is a closed batter with no issues of such. I went back and opended everything up on it and all was well but I'd like to have just the plug exposed so if I decided to drive it, I can unplug and roll.
Anyone have an informed suggestion or comment on this?

Thanks in advance!
It isn't so much about whether the battery is vented externally or not, they want ventilation for their charger... One of the reasons I chose to hook up under the hood and route my connection forward out thru the grill, piece of cake to connect/disconnect on the fly!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #36
hypurone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvin View Post
2 days ago I have finally installed my Battery Tender.
It lasted about 20 hours till the battery was fully loaded.
I think I had to do it earlier.

So far so good. But I was wondering, how long I can attach the Battery Tender?
Can anyone tell me how long it is possible?
If it is a true Battery Tender brand, then you can leave it on indefinitely. It is a smart charger and will be doing nothing if nothing is what needs doing!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #37
Jarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
If it is a true Battery Tender brand, then you can leave it on indefinitely. It is a smart charger and will be doing nothing if nothing is what needs doing!
Thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, it is a true (expensive) Deltran Battery Tender.
That sounds good. Does that mean that I have not further to consider the battery?
I go every day to my garage in order to check if everything is okay.
But my garage is a little bit far away from me.
And that sucks in the long run.

By the way:
Just out of curiosity.
I think my grammar is awful but can you (or anybody else) tell me please whether my English (in all my posts in this thread) is intelligible? Or is it difficult to understand?

Honestly replies please.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #38
hypurone

Quote:
Thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, it is a true (expensive) Deltran Battery Tender.
That sounds good. Does that mean that I have not further to consider the battery?
I go every day to my garage in order to check if everything is okay.
But my garage is a little bit far away from me.
And that sucks in the long run.

By the way:
Just out of curiosity.
I think my grammar is awful but can you (or anybody else) tell me please whether my English (in all my posts in this thread) is intelligible? Or is it difficult to understand?

Honestly replies please.
Nothing more to worry about. Just set it and forget it.

I had my ATV on one for well over a year while I healed up from a nasty break and couldn't ride it... I have them on my bikes (2) and the Camaro all with different types of batteries.

As for your English, I can make it out OK. You should see some of the stuff written on this forum from US born/raised/educated people...
Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #39
Jarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
As for your English, I can make it out OK. You should see some of the stuff written on this forum from US born/raised/educated people...
Yeah, there is an huge difference between British and American English. But therefore I'm here. Apart from my Camero.
Have a great day.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #40
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Today I have received my Battery Charger.
And now I need your help again.

Can I mount the charging cable as it is shown in the picture?
Or do I have to attach the cable direct to the battery?

I'm sure that is a stupid question. Sorry.
Yes that is the way the manual suggests to jump the car if needed. Just check the battery in a month or so to make sure the ground is good.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #41
greywulf32

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/Black Leather
I would connect directly to the battery. I tried to use the positive post and the grounding rod in the photo and all it did was set off the alarm system.
greywulf32 is offline   Reply With Quote