Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
squish014

Drives: 2014 1SS Chevrolet Camaro
Degreez Cooled Seats

I replaced the clothe in my 1SS over a year ago with a Katzkin kit. I got the perforated seat inserts with the high flow reticulated foam. At the time I did not purchase the cooled seat kits. I’m considering adding them now but was wondering if anyone has installed them in a 5th gen and on the passenger seat? When I swapped the leather kit on I noticed that the entire underside is covered by the passenger seat weight sensor. I have thought of a few ideas like slightly moving the sensor or 3D printing 90 degree elbows and wrapping the vent around the back side of the sensor with that. If anyone has any experience some idea’s would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by squish014; 04-11-2020 at 07:07 PM.
squish014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:11 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray
well I didn't install cooled seats, they came in my car....but I just wanted to say, considering where you live....you would be way better off getting heaters for the seats. I live where is gets real hot...and even at that I VERY RARELY turn on the cool seats. I personally would never spend the money to add that....unless was the only way to get heated seats.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I agree with Sir Nuke. I have cooled seats in my work car and live in FL. I never use it. I've used my heated option in my work and personal car more often. But to each their own. If you think you can make it work, more power to you! Good luck!
Forged 376, E85, milled GMPP ported heads, Night Fury, Vmax TB, GPI rod mod manifold,Improved racing,Melling,ATI, DSE, DW, BTR, Smith Brothers, McLeod twin RXT, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Vararam OTR intake,Tick,Elite CC,Kooks headers/HFC,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT05R
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
How do the cooled seats work, is it forced air?
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #5
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
How do the cooled seats work, is it forced air?
I believe it is done using the Peltier effect.
Forged 376, E85, milled GMPP ported heads, Night Fury, Vmax TB, GPI rod mod manifold,Improved racing,Melling,ATI, DSE, DW, BTR, Smith Brothers, McLeod twin RXT, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Vararam OTR intake,Tick,Elite CC,Kooks headers/HFC,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT05R
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:11 PM   #6
squish014

Drives: 2014 1SS Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well I didn't install cooled seats, they came in my car....but I just wanted to say, considering where you live....you would be way better off getting heaters for the seats. I live where is gets real hot...and even at that I VERY RARELY turn on the cool seats. I personally would never spend the money to add that....unless was the only way to get heated seats.
Temperatures can get anywhere from 86 to 100+ Fahrenheit here in the summer and the car is put into storage for the winter so heated seats are not a concern of mine. I have heated and cooled seats in my truck and I use to cooled seats in the summer a lot more than I use to heated seats in the winter. The kit is heat and cooled seats.

Last edited by squish014; 04-11-2020 at 10:01 PM.
squish014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, cooled, degreez, katzkin