Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2022, 08:30 PM   #29
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I want an MGW and this shift knob.
Attached Images

ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:42 PM   #30
bertie

Drives: 2001 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Yes sir - the ZL1/1LE/Factory Hurst is night and day better than the standard SS shifter. It's not any smoother to me, I think that has a LOT to do with the actual transmission, but it's got a shorter, nicer throw for sure, and the weighting is pretty good. If I found cause to change my stock shift, that's what I would be dropping in.
Ok, I will tip my neighbor about Hurst shifter. He hates the standard shifter. Transmission maintenance will be done after the installation of the new tires from 4Wheelonline this week.
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:35 AM   #31
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
In addition to the list posted, I would also add an insulated line like Tick sells. I personally have the separate GTO reservoir, Monster bearing, Tick line, high temp DOT4 fluid, and the MGW, GM transmission fluid, and a Monster LT1S clutch. My car is also on the road course with arguably the most brutal type of driving these cars get out through. Being that my car is a 1LE I had the better factory ZL1 shifter, but it was still much too sloppy for me. It’s all personal preference - I prefer a very solid, connected feeling. This would also be why I have solid cradle and engine mounts.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:05 PM   #32
bertie

Drives: 2001 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
In addition to the list posted, I would also add an insulated line like Tick sells. I personally have the separate GTO reservoir, Monster bearing, Tick line, high temp DOT4 fluid, and the MGW, GM transmission fluid, and a Monster LT1S clutch. My car is also on the road course with arguably the most brutal type of driving these cars get out through. Being that my car is a 1LE I had the better factory ZL1 shifter, but it was still much too sloppy for me. It’s all personal preference - I prefer a very solid, connected feeling. This would also be why I have solid cradle and engine mounts.
Alright! We'll check that out.
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:53 PM   #33
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
my trans is still out . and have my mgw out going to have a machine shop cut me some bronze bushings to replace the poly on the front rails and the bushing under the stick.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote