Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Yay! Leaking Doors!

The glue that keeps a seal between the door and the water deflector has started to dry out and separate... on both doors. It's been raining almost constantly for several days. I didn't notice the leaks until about two days ago. My carpets are very damp, my seats and headliner are mildly damp, and the car wreaks of mildew. I've already begun the process of drying/cleaning the interior out, and replacement water deflectors are on their way, but is there more I should be worried about? Should I plan on replacing/deep cleaning the carpet? Does the sound deadening beneath the carpet need to be replaced? Should I be too worried about rust? TIA.
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I left a window on my daily driver SUV partially open and went away on vacation.

It poured and the carpet got wet. After soaking up as much as I could by pressing down with bath towels, I left the vehicle out in the sun with all the doors open all day for three days in a row (closing at night) and everything was OK after that.

I hope that works for you!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
You could pick up one or two odor absorbing things like Gonzo Odor Absorbing Gel and place them in the car for a day or two. Those will suck up that nasty smell really quick. I've used these to get nasty water smells out after having a cooler leak all over the inside of a car and sit there for 3 or 4 days. You don't have to leave the vehicle open or anything. Just place one or two of these canisters in the car and close it up. Come back in a few hours or a day or two and breathe the wonderful mildew less air haha.
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
a few dessicant packs from electronics packing wouldnt hurt either.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Thanks everyone. The weather cleared up for a few days, so I let my car sit outside with the windows down. Helped a bit. I plan on scrubbing my carpets with a vinegar and water solution, and leaving a nice coat of baking soda on top. Also keeping two packages of DampRid behind my front seats until they're no longer usable.

I still have to install the water deflectors. I can't seem to find any DIY threads or videos that show how to install them, so i'm thinking of making a DIY thread here for those who feel nervous about working on their Camaros on their own, but want to save a large chunk of money (my dealer quoted me over $500 for the job). I can only imagine that water deflectors falling off will become a common issue for these cars over time as the adhesive keeping them on will inevitably dry out.
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote