Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #15
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
I had the same setup when I first bought my car and loved it. When I did the long tubes the outlaws were too loud (yes there is such a thing) so I just cut the muffler off and welded on an npp muffler. Kept the 3” pipe. You can get just npp mufflers for like 200
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:44 PM   #16
BruHop

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE,RS,NPP,Recaros in SW
Change the CAI back to stock. You should be fine.
BruHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #17
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
FYI...I met a 5th gen guy yesterday who has a stock exhaust for $300 but not cats. Location Bay Area.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #18
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Drives: 2010 2SS SIM M6
WOW thats wsup! I appreciate all of your input can anybody tell me how to mass reply so i can address everybody? lol Thanks Again!
SlimeV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #19
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Had the boss out last week calling on CA customers. EVERY shop we went in had the owner telling us they can’t wait to retire and get the Hell out of CA. I concur.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #20
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Whos to say Republicans wouldnt do this BS? Doesnt matter who you vote for... theyre all crooks and have destroyed this state.
I agree with you but I tend to run far away from any party that has full intentions to try to ban the combustion engine such as all the cars on this site including cows because they fart!
Old 03-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #21
mbesman
Great White

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
If you need stock cats I have a clean set
Old 03-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #22
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
You probably can go there with your existing exhaust and it will pass. The decibel limit hasn't changed in decades. A cop gave me an exhaust ticket 20 or so years ago and I didn't change anything and went to the state referee. He had me start the car, he them looked at me, rolled his eyes and signed off on the the car. His exact words were, the cop that wrote this ticket is an idiot and an asshole that has wasted both of our time.
IDK man ive eard they have tightened up the laws and are really pursuing it now.

Funny thing is, my Camaro with cutouts is way louder that my old car that I got the ticket in. And I roll by cops with it open all the time. Even got a compliment from a cop at Starbucks on how my Camaro sounded and thumbs-up from another cop on the freeway.
LOL this was not my experience, I was cruising just minding my business not even getting on it, cop pulled up and proceeded to tell me the laws have changed, pop hood wrote down some things and gave me a state ref.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8only View Post
ive seen the db reports with the outlaw axle back on a stock camaro and it's louder then what california allows. 3" is probably louder.

I have outlaw axle back exhaust SoCal with all else stock and i've been pulled over with no issues, but I'm middle aged now and invisible to cops.

do you still have cats? Hopefully you do. If you do, just go get some magnaflow mufflers or some junk stockers from any car that the exhaust shop has laying around and have them welded in, that'll quiet it down significantly, perhaps have the exhaust shop can make it so that they'll bolt on so you can interchange them with your outlaw mufflers if possible
I do still have my cats thankfully, funny thing is I was about to slap my longtubes on, so glad i waited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
I had the same setup when I first bought my car and loved it. When I did the long tubes the outlaws were too loud (yes there is such a thing) so I just cut the muffler off and welded on an npp muffler. Kept the 3” pipe. You can get just npp mufflers for like 200
LOL i've heard the Outlawz and Borla ATAK with headers and I love the loud bark, Im one of those cant be too loud as long as it is clean kinda people. I see your in HT i am in the Southern California chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruHop View Post
Change the CAI back to stock. You should be fine.
How so, this is interesting because i was told they would check the exhaust...please explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
FYI...I met a 5th gen guy yesterday who has a stock exhaust for $300 but not cats. Location Bay Area.
I hope i don't need him man but if I do I will definately PM you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesman View Post
If you need stock cats I have a clean set
I have my cats thank you.

Last edited by SlimeV8; 03-24-2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #23
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Interesting. I've got the Flowmaster Outlaws also, CAI, High Flow Cats and Headers, and I've been stopped twice already this year... not once did they hit me for exhaust.

One of the two times stopped for quick acceleration with my exhaust flowing strong at WOT. LEO said I didn't use my mirrors lol
Dang Man I wish i was this lucky, I was just about to put her longtubes on, I know we are playing a cat and mouse game out here but damn I was just cruising lol going to class at CSUN.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:25 PM   #24
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Interesting. I've got the Flowmaster Outlaws also, CAI, High Flow Cats and Headers, and I've been stopped twice already this year... not once did they hit me for exhaust.

One of the two times stopped for quick acceleration with my exhaust flowing strong at WOT. LEO said I didn't use my mirrors lol
Dang Man I wish i was this lucky, I was just about to put her longtubes on, I know we are playing a cat and mouse game out here but damn I was just cruising lol going to class at CSUN.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #25
Grizzly_SS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Sucks

Damn man, im from the Valley too! i found some stock exhausts on OfferUp, just expand your search.

Kinda crazy cuz i have long tube headers, no cats, and no mufflers and the one time i got stopped, (because of driving a bit too recklessly) i got let off with a warning! officer said he had a C5 Z06, asked me what i had, told him i was stock, made me pop my hood... In the end let me off with a warning and didnt even bother opening my hood.

Shout to that cop tho! my hero!

oohh yeah, i worked for the state ref for a bit as a student program, and yeah, he uses a decibel meter, AAANNNDDD he inspects your vehicle for any illegal parts, CAI, Headers, and such

Good luck!
Grizzly_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #26
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly_SS View Post
Damn man, im from the Valley too! i found some stock exhausts on OfferUp, just expand your search.

Kinda crazy cuz i have long tube headers, no cats, and no mufflers and the one time i got stopped, (because of driving a bit too recklessly) i got let off with a warning! officer said he had a C5 Z06, asked me what i had, told him i was stock, made me pop my hood... In the end let me off with a warning and didnt even bother opening my hood.

Shout to that cop tho! my hero!

oohh yeah, i worked for the state ref for a bit as a student program, and yeah, he uses a decibel meter, AAANNNDDD he inspects your vehicle for any illegal parts, CAI, Headers, and such

Good luck!
Damn bro the luck of the draw i guess, what color is your Camaro i've probably seen you around lol.

i heard the laws have changed on another thread, Im thinking off taking my CAI and trying to pass with the OUTLAWZ on idk.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #27
Grizzly_SS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimeV8 View Post
Damn bro the luck of the draw i guess, what color is your Camaro i've probably seen you around lol.

i heard the laws have changed on another thread, Im thinking off taking my CAI and trying to pass with the OUTLAWZ on idk.

Its the Cyber Grey(gray?) Metallic. probably have.

You going to LS fest?

Yeah, go as stock as you can because he doesn't let anything slide.
Grizzly_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #28
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly_SS View Post
Its the Cyber Grey(gray?) Metallic. probably have.

You going to LS fest?

Yeah, go as stock as you can because he doesn't let anything slide.

YEah I think I'm gonna just put the stock intake on and try and pass with the Outlawz on the car still since the laws are supposedly being repealed or adjusted or whatever. We'll see.

LS fest is in Kentucky NO? Dont think so lol. I will however be going to the Grand Prix OF Long Beach next weekend, if you love cars and racing and beautiful women I highly recommend it!

Probably seen you around the valley for sure dude.