Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
rrrocketman
youtube.com/c/ChrisCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS w/ NPP and Hi Wing
Having trouble finding correct wheels for tire upgrade

I am looking to install NT-05s all around the car but in a 275/315 size and I have a stock 5th gen SS so instead of 8's and 9's I ORIGINALLY wanted to move the 9's up front and then widen the 8's to about 10.5 or 11'ish.

Turns out that option, while it's supposed to be cheaper is actually pretty expensive when you factor in shipping and duty an stuff like that so it almost pays to just buy new rims so now I'm back to looking at that option.

However I would LIKE to match the rim design the stock design so I don't have to buy 4 new rims. I can still move the back wheels to the front this way and just buy 2 new back wheels but so far I have not been able to find the OEM 5th gen wheel design in a 10.5 or 11 width. Does anyone know if such a wheel exists in that width so that I can just buy 2 that will match?

Alternatively, if I still want to match all 4 wheels, does anyone know a cheapo rim with 5 big spokes (not the weird spidery looking designs or the super skinny spoke designs) that is reliable enough to be used for racing yet cheap enough that I can get 4 for say 1200 bucks or less? I also like rallye rims but those are probably hella expensive so... to summarize:

1) 2 new rear rims of the OEM style at 10.5 or 11" width
2) 4 new rims of any stile that kinda looks OEM'ish but is cheap'n'good

Anyone know where I can get 1 preferably and if not, then 2?

Thank you!

P.S. Forgot to mention everything is 20"
rrrocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
You could have your stock wheels extended. You might have to run spacers though.

Edit: http://weldcraftwheels.com/

Last edited by CamiLFX; 11-29-2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Link
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
rrrocketman
youtube.com/c/ChrisCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS w/ NPP and Hi Wing
But that's where I started and I determined that it wasn't cost-effective. It's the very same company you're linking to. This is why I'm back to the idea of buying extra wheels.
rrrocketman is offline   Reply With Quote