Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #43
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Sounds like a plan.

Will you need to recalibrate the speedo with those tires?
Old 10-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #44
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Sounds like a plan.

It will be somewhat off, reading a bit faster than it was before. It's probably not a big deal. ABS and traction control will still work thanks to it being the same wheel tire combo all the way around. Being a .4" lower more or less 'for free' doesn't seem like a bad thing either.
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #45
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
It will be somewhat off, reading a bit faster than it was before. It's probably not a big deal. ABS and traction control will still work thanks to it being the same wheel tire combo all the way around. Being a .4" lower more or less 'for free' doesn't seem like a bad thing either.
Your Chevy Dealer can use the USB Scan or TECH II tool to change the tire sizes. A tuner can do it as well.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #46
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
I'm concerned about this as well, but as I mentioned earlier, the SS brakes are very pricey, and won't fit in my winter wheels.

Cooling ducts, race pads, and DOT 4 brake fluid will hopefully go a long way to reducing fade. I won't be racing at this point until the spring, so I have some time.
There's a guy in Calgary (I see you're in Canada) selling some Brembos off an SS for $375...pm and I can send you the info
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #47
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Ok, so Justice Pete and I took some questions offline. Thanks man.

Here's the current plan then.

Come spring, find a set of used RS wheels. Take the rears from that set, put them up front, and then wrap everything in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires from Rudy@Tirerack. (285/35ZR20)

I can then use the two pairs of fronts, wrap them in winter rubber, and use them in the winter! Can anyone comment on that?

Next step is to acquire the Brembo brakes / rotors/ pads / lines. I've seen used sets floating around fairly inexpensively.

After that, get the Pedders bushings (both subframe and radius) from Pete. That's a nice sized upgrade that's doable in one go.

Next, swap out the springs, struts, and install the Z bars... Pete, do you have a part number for the bars? There's a couple of different ones.

Pretty much once I get the brakes, I can start taking her to the track, and then get to truly enjoy the improved performance as things go!
CAM3-SW-ZUPG-PKG
Front 27mm and Rear 32mm Sway Bars
Front OEM Quite Adjustable Endlinks
Rear Drop Links
OEM Lower Control Arms
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote