Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Mike24

Drives: 2008 Chevy Avalanche,
Stripes ,Spoiler ?s

Ok if i order a 2LT (non RS) with Rally Stripes then after I recieve the car I want to add an RS type spoiler the stripes wont be on the spoiler at all which i think will look bad. I know the simple answer is get the RS package. ($$) But this is where im really stuck in deciding on my camaro. I want stripes and a spoiler but dont know if I can go all out for the RS package.

I wish GM would offer a free floating Lip spoiler option.

Any suggestions

Thanks Mike
Mike24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Are you financing and if so how much is it going to increase your payment? You definately want the spoiler and I think the headlights make it worth it for both looks and quality. I know its been debated both ways everyone says RS is a waste and to go aftermarket but I had aftermarket halo's in my civic and they burnt out had terrible connections and eventually actual headlight went out not to mention they were just halos not HID halos. I just had my orig headlights put back in recently and everything worked fine. Sorry to get so off topic I say go RS but you will def be able to get spoiler seperate I'm sure shortly after cars become available so why not just leave stripes off till then and gets stripes and spoiler and your good, that is if you don't want the rest of the package or can't dish out the cash for it.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Your dealer should be able to order just the rear set of stripes designed for the spoiler. GM will have to make these available for collision repairs. Same goes for the RS / SS spoiler.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike24 View Post
Ok if i order a 2LT (non RS) with Rally Stripes then after I recieve the car I want to add an RS type spoiler the stripes wont be on the spoiler at all which i think will look bad. I know the simple answer is get the RS package. ($$) But this is where im really stuck in deciding on my camaro. I want stripes and a spoiler but dont know if I can go all out for the RS package.

I wish GM would offer a free floating Lip spoiler option.

Any suggestions

Thanks Mike
I am getting an LS and Black Stripes, eventually i will be getting a Spoiler for it, and when I do i am going to a local graphics shop that does car graphics and get a set of stripes made that will match the ones already on the trunk BUT go completely over the top of the spoiler .
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #5
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
I will be making my own stripes. It won't be much trouble to cut out some extra spoiler stripes.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote