Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
EJSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
2010 camaro ss wont start when it rains. Code p069E fuel pump module

Hi I'm currently broke down and in need of a little help. For the past few months my car wont start in the rain and has to dry for about a day before it starts, I get the p069e fuel pump control module code. It turns over but wont start. Actually sometimes it does start but it runs extremely rough, sounds like only 3 cylinders are firing, and then dies after about 5 seconds . I used to get water pooling in my passenger side but I found the water leak and fixed it, so everything appears to be dry where it used to be wet. I thought this was the problem but apparently itwasn't. Anyone have any ideas?
I have a 2010 camaro ss auto l99. No mods other than axle back exhaust.
EJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
sounds like moisture causes a short in the electrical system, i would check fuel pressure when this happens as well as spark. I dont know how long you have had your car for but i always change plugs, wires, fluids and filters on every vehicle i purchase before i start driving them so i know what i have; then i move to brakes, suspension and tires once again of safety.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
last time you replaced the car battery?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
EJSS

Good suggestion. Changed battery about a year ago, connections seem good, including ground. I traced the wires back from the battery to the rear fuse box, to the fpcm, to the passenger front kick panel connectors. Everything appears dry. This only happens during and after a heavy rain so its definately moisture/humidity related. And the p069e fpcm code leads me to think it's not ignition, but hey, I'm not expert either. Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:47 PM   #5
EJSS

And just to clarify, it does turn over, just won't crank. It will actually start 10% of the times I try but when it does start, it runs extremely rough and wont respond to gas petal, then dies after 5 seconds.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #6
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJSS View Post
Good suggestion. Changed battery about a year ago, connections seem good, including ground. I traced the wires back from the battery to the rear fuse box, to the fpcm, to the passenger front kick panel connectors. Everything appears dry. This only happens during and after a heavy rain so its definately moisture/humidity related. And the p069e fpcm code leads me to think it's not ignition, but hey, I'm not expert either. Thanks for the replies.
Do this, check the wiring at connections for corrosion heading under the plastic sleeving; i hope your fix is simple but since you mentioned pooling of water i'll raise a prayer to the car gods on your behalf. reason i mentioned ignition wires earlier is because a break in the insulation would aggravate during moist/humid times and missfire, its odd but i have seen a system cause missfire and the ever smart ECM system believes its because of a totally different reason and as the old saying goes; check twice and buy once.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
EJSS

@crankshaft Ok I will definately try that as soon as I get back to the car. Had to push it to a parking lot and leave it for a couple of hours. I appreciate the advice and the prayers to the car gods. I'll update once I check
Old 08-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #8
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Trunk leak? Silicon spray on all connections heavily.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #9
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Your really asking for trouble now