Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #141
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
That's the thing. The problems never stopped. Not to mention I've been waiting on the promised agreement, that was suppose to make up for the first big problems for the past 2 months now.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Jesus man..... you're still having issues with this deal? wow!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #142
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
Trade, lets do it. You send me your kit and I will send you mine, in about 6 months so that you know the hassle that we are going thru. Oh, and I will give you a dozen or so excuses about vendors and lie to you about parts being ready and shipping dates a few times to further your experience.
lol i promise he knows better than you and you don't want that kit lol
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #143
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
lol i promise he knows better than you and you don't want that kit lol
You don't know the half of it.

When I told him about the errors and the left out steps and how crappy his instructions were he laughed at me and said " we designed and made the instructions for someone who is mechanically inclined" when I told him the turbo he gave me was all messed up with the oil fittings on the wrong sides and the discharge facing the wrong way and was hitting the fans. He "loled" and said yeah it should go the other way, but here's how. I had to go to autozone, call him, hand the phone to the manager and stand there for 45 mins to have him Get me the two missing hoses and the t fitting he left out of the kit. When I told him I didn't have the 3"-2 1/2" reducer coupler he said "no freaking way! no freaking way, I freaking triple checked it its in there" I found out on my own that it was a 3" coupler and not the right one. Sent him a picture. He said " Ok. I will send u one plus the clamp.the clamp is twenty dollars plus shipping" I had broke a clamp and needed it to. After waiting two and a half days for him to call me back to get my cc number. I gave up waiting and found where he gets his couplers from and bought it myself. Also found a better quality clamp for 9 dollars cheaper with free shipping.

Now I'm waiting on the correct ypipe that should of been shipped 9 days ago.

Icing on the cake is I found out Chris isn't going to be back in the shop till next week. I found that out from a forum member who posted that Chris got ahold of him yesterday to let him know his kit was installed and will be dynoed next week.
Its been 5 days since I've heard anything from Chris.

-Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Last edited by GbrilliantQ; 10-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #144
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

When I told him about the errors and the left out steps and how crappy his instructions were he laughed at me and said " we designed and made the instructions for someone who is mechanically inclined" when I told him the turbo he gave me was all messed up with the oil fittings on the wrong sides and the discharge pipe facing the wrong way and was and hitting the fans. He "loled" and said yeah it should go the other way, but here's how. I had to go to autozone, call him, hand the phone to the manager and stand there for 45 mins to have him Get me the two missing hoses and the t fitting he left out of the kit. When I told him I didn't have the 3"-2 1/2" reducer coupler he said "no freaking way! no freaking way, I freaking triple checked it its in there" I found out on my own that it was a 3" coupler and not the right one. Sent him a picture. He said " Ok. I will send u one plus the clamp.the clamp is twenty dollars plus shipping" I had broke a clamp and needed it to. After waiting two and a half days for him to call me back to get my cc number. I gave up waiting and found where he gets his couplers from and bought it myself. Also found a better quality clamp for 9 dollars cheaper with free shipping.

Icing on the cake is I found out Chris isn't going to be back in the shop till next week. I found that out from a forum member who posted that Chris got ahold of him yesterday to let him know his kit was installed and will be dynoed next week.

-Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Note
that is just crazy. sorry to see this happen. hopefully everything works out man!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #145
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
that is just crazy. sorry to see this happen. hopefully everything works out man!
Thanks. Me too.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #146
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:

When I told him about the errors and the left out steps and how crappy his instructions were he laughed at me and said " we designed and made the instructions for someone who is mechanically inclined" when I told him the turbo he gave me was all messed up with the oil fittings on the wrong sides and the discharge facing the wrong way and was hitting the fans. He "loled" and said yeah it should go the other way, but here's how. I had to go to autozone, call him, hand the phone to the manager and stand there for 45 mins to have him Get me the two missing hoses and the t fitting he left out of the kit. When I told him I didn't have the 3"-2 1/2" reducer coupler he said "no freaking way! no freaking way, I freaking triple checked it its in there" I found out on my own that it was a 3" coupler and not the right one. Sent him a picture. He said " Ok. I will send u one plus the clamp.the clamp is twenty dollars plus shipping" I had broke a clamp and needed it to. After waiting two and a half days for him to call me back to get my cc number. I gave up waiting and found where he gets his couplers from and bought it myself. Also found a better quality clamp for 9 dollars cheaper with free shipping.

-Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Note
man. I don't give a crap how good this kit is. there would be no way I would ever do business with Chris after reading the nightmare you have had with him.

that's just horrible business practice.

on a side note. why didn't you just return all the crap then call your credit card company for a refund? they would chargeback every cent from Chris to your favor.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #147
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
man. I don't give a crap how good this kit is. there would be no way I would ever do business with Chris after reading the nightmare you have had with him.

that's just horrible business practice.

on a side note. why didn't you just return all the crap then call your credit card company for a refund? they would chargeback every cent from Chris to your favor.
Trust me I thought about it, but at the time when I got in on the intro offer it was too good to pass up. I originally wanted a Maggie, but for headers, injectors, fuel pump etc. would of costed almost twice as much. I just waited so long for it that I didn't want to have to ship it back.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #148
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post

And to think I was actually considering going this route @ tax time.... Maybe I will just go S/C....
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #149
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Damn, so much fail in this thread. Hps should be ashamed ,
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #150
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Trust me I thought about it, but at the time when I got in on the intro offer it was too good to pass up. I originally wanted a Maggie, but for headers, injectors, fuel pump etc. would of costed almost twice as much. I just waited so long for it that I didn't want to have to ship it back.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

This comment isnt directed at Chris but it's a good example of the lowest price isn't always the best deal.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #151
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
This comment isnt directed at Chris but it's a good example of the lowest price isn't always the best deal.
I feel like a noob. :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #152
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Man I feel bad for you, NOBODY deserves this kind of service.
TVS2300 ,Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch, Dana 60 3.73, DSS 1400HP Axles,JRe cam & LaMotta Performance tuned,LPE Fuel, AI Super Chiller,MT ET Streets
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #153
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
The biggest slap in the face is that he installed a kit on another persons car but not taking care of his existing customer. You always take care of your customers first.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 AM   #154
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

I got an update from Chris around 9:30pm, my ypipe is completed and he's suppose to give me a tracking number Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy Note