Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #15
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Looks like a good price
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
If you are getting the "Full" kooks system..meaning all the way out to the tips..for that price your a winner..go for it....just make sure it includes the mufflers and tips..good deal

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
freelancer

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Modern Muscle or FLP.

Get the headers coated too.

Loose the CATS and RES, tune the codes out for emmissions and leave the stock exhaust. Lots of money to be saved on NOT putting in an exhaust that you can always have done anywhere alot cheaper than a Speed shop and your not gonna really see any gains anyway.

Just my .02¢. Read into the my recommendations what you want.
freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
Dans ls1

Drives: 1998 TA
FLP another awesome speed shop...can't go wrong with them either!
Dans ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #19
Jetsco

Drives: Ordered 2/25/09 -2SS/RS/IOM/M6
Duffmobile, I'm looking a getting the exact same set-up and had Larry with Speed Inc send me pricing, which is the same as yours! You want to see if we can get go in together and see if they'll give us a better price?
IOM 2SS/RS, M6 (587rwhp) - Chrome Maggie w/3.8 Pulley, Speed Inc Custom Cam Package, Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works Headers and Full Exhaust System, SI Custom Tune, Pfadt Drop Springs, Pfadt Front and Rear Sways, Powder Coated Calipers with Stillen Vented/Cross-drilled Rotors and SS Brake Lines, Barton Shifter, Street Scene Scoops, NLP Spoiler, Heritage Grille, Smoked Lenes, Painted XM Antenna, Showstopper Custom Engine Compartment and D2FORGED 22" CV2's.
Jetsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #20
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I would make sure that the Kooks system is including mufflers etc...if not you will get a better product for the same price if you use the ARH system.

It is a fair price on the install and tuning....You do not need new gaskets. You can easily reuse the stock gasket.

Just my input.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #21
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsco View Post
Duffmobile, I'm looking a getting the exact same set-up and had Larry with Speed Inc send me pricing, which is the same as yours! You want to see if we can get go in together and see if they'll give us a better price?
I talked to Larry over there as well and the more cars we bring the better, so we all 3 should hook up. Plus we can get some cool photo's all together !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #22
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
Modern Muscle or FLP.

Get the headers coated too.

Loose the CATS and RES, tune the codes out for emmissions and leave the stock exhaust. Lots of money to be saved on NOT putting in an exhaust that you can always have done anywhere alot cheaper than a Speed shop and your not gonna really see any gains anyway.

Just my .02¢. Read into the my recommendations what you want.
Can you post thier website or contact info ? Thanks . Never hurts to get a competitive quote. Thanks !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #23
freelancer

Also, if your going to Speed, make sure they do a baseline run before the tune, otherwise your not gonna know what your car did bone stock. Make sure a baseline run is included in the price.

372hp/377tq
1 of 447

Mods
LPE CAI, B&M Short Throw, Harrop diff Cover, King springs, BMR Drag bags
Poly Subframe bushings, SW LT's, Resonator delete, SF's Muffler delete axle back,160 t-stat
NGK plugs, Taylor wires, Speed Inc DynoTune, 275 40 DR's
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Looks like a reasonable price considering you'd be getting Kooks. BTW, installing a CAI is probably the easiest thing you could do on a car. Seriously, if you have arms you can install a CAI. Save some money and do that part yourself. And as stated above, get a baseline dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
It is a fair price on the install and tuning....You do not need new gaskets. You can easily reuse the stock gasket.

Just my input.
I know we're talking about a car, but as an aircraft mechanic it's been engrained in my head to never, ever, reuse gaskets of any kind. I couldn't bring myself to reuse a gasket. But that's just me.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #25
Jetsco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus95 View Post
I talked to Larry over there as well and the more cars we bring the better, so we all 3 should hook up. Plus we can get some cool photo's all together !
Larry over at Speed Inc. did state that the price includes a base dyno and then a final dyno. I have talked with all three shops including Speed, Modern Muscle and FLP and Larry at Speed and Brad at Modern had the most knowledge of what’s on the market for our cars and the pricing was pretty much the same. I am all for trying to go in as a group and getting a discount. Duff and Zeus, let me know if you guys are seriously interested.

Here are the two other numbers:

Modern Muscle: 630-898-5933
FLP: 630-717-0824
IOM 2SS/RS, M6 (587rwhp) - Chrome Maggie w/3.8 Pulley, Speed Inc Custom Cam Package, Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works Headers and Full Exhaust System, SI Custom Tune, Pfadt Drop Springs, Pfadt Front and Rear Sways, Powder Coated Calipers with Stillen Vented/Cross-drilled Rotors and SS Brake Lines, Barton Shifter, Street Scene Scoops, NLP Spoiler, Heritage Grille, Smoked Lenes, Painted XM Antenna, Showstopper Custom Engine Compartment and D2FORGED 22" CV2's.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #26
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
I think I'm going to wait till early spring to do any mods. With time I can save up some more money and probably get some better products. So if anyone wants to do the same thing let me know and we'll get a list of guys together so we can really get some great pricing.

We should also organize a meet up sometime for us Chicago folks. Anyone have a good spot?
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
Jetsco

Picking up my car this afternoon from Speed Inc! Full Stainless Works exhaust including 2 7/8 LT headers and a LMR CAI. Just sent me over the dyno, 415 rwhp and 412 rwtq!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #28
freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsco View Post
Picking up my car this afternoon from Speed Inc! Full Stainless Works exhaust including 2 7/8 LT headers and a LMR CAI. Just sent me over the dyno, 415 rwhp and 412 rwtq!!!
AWESOME numbers, what was your baseline?

372hp/377tq
1 of 447

Mods
LPE CAI, B&M Short Throw, Harrop diff Cover, King springs, BMR Drag bags
Poly Subframe bushings, SW LT's, Resonator delete, SF's Muffler delete axle back,160 t-stat
NGK plugs, Taylor wires, Speed Inc DynoTune, 275 40 DR's