Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2022, 01:13 PM   #15
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAD View Post
Nothing. Starts normal. No CEL or anything. Yesterday I jumped in and started it like normal and it was a rough start and idle for 20-45 seconds. That's the only thing I've noticed different.
Ok so here's the thing...when you remote start its just idling with no input from anything else. So when you start it normally do you just sit there or do you touch the gas pedal when its running rough? Sounds like it could potentially be a injector or 2 leaking down over night. It would be nice if you had a scan tool that will show you live misfire data. That would definitely help you isolate the problem. Injectors do not like E85 and the pintle will deteriorate over time and leak. I see this in our flex fuel engines.
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #16
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Ok so here's the thing...when you remote start its just idling with no input from anything else. So when you start it normally do you just sit there or do you touch the gas pedal when its running rough? Sounds like it could potentially be a injector or 2 leaking down over night. It would be nice if you had a scan tool that will show you live misfire data. That would definitely help you isolate the problem. Injectors do not like E85 and the pintle will deteriorate over time and leak. I see this in our flex fuel engines.
I have HPtuner, but honestly it's been 8 months or more since I've messed with it. My brain as moved all those how tos out and replaced with others haha.

When I start it normally, I don't give it gas or anything. Just turn the key over. And I haven't ran any e85 in 4 months or more. I ran some 100% 91 in it a few weeks back. Now back to pump 93. That wouldn't cause anything like this I wouldn't think.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:29 AM   #17
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
The forum has provided speculation without results. The tuner will provide facts that can lead to the desired result. I can hear my dad saying " well, son, how bad do you want it?"
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 02:35 PM   #18
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
The forum has provided speculation without results. The tuner will provide facts that can lead to the desired result. I can hear my dad saying " well, son, how bad do you want it?"
You are absolutely correct, without the car being in front of me it's all speculation! I don't own a crystal ball....what I can say without speculation is that other than the theft deterrent system, is that there is no difference in the algorithm of the ECM between a key start and a remote start. Could very possibly be in the tune, and could very possibly just be a coincidence that it only stalls on a remote start. That's why I ask questions.
Old 02-03-2022, 12:49 AM   #19
GAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
You are absolutely correct, without the car being in front of me it's all speculation! I don't own a crystal ball....what I can say without speculation is that other than the theft deterrent system, is that there is no difference in the algorithm of the ECM between a key start and a remote start. Could very possibly be in the tune, and could very possibly just be a coincidence that it only stalls on a remote start. That's why I ask questions.
On remote start if it gets a CEL it will cut off. Has to be something different in the algorithm. Lol
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
Old 02-03-2022, 12:50 AM   #20
GAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
It's at the tuner.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:38 AM   #21
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAD View Post
On remote start if it gets a CEL it will cut off. Has to be something different in the algorithm. Lol
That is correct, it also wont remote start if there's a code set. You said there was no light. And what I meant to say more specifically is there's no difference in the fuel and spark timing between the 2. I'm curious to see what your tuner comes up with.