Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2019, 04:52 AM   #57
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudwheel57 View Post
I don't bend to easily any more, so I just took the three bolts out to make it easier to unplug it as I was experiencing problems unplugging it also. Ten mm socket, u-joint and four inch extention worked. Use a piece a of tape to hold the bolts to the socket for reinstall. If you are not too much of a contortionist like me then this will work for you.

I feel your pain but I found a much easier way when I installed mine. I had my son do it.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:03 PM   #58
xXchickenXx

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ls3 97 sonoma
found this post, i know its a little older side but still going to shoot the question on here anyway to see if someone here has experience with it. i (like alot of others) race my car at the SCCA races and the throttle is the only pedal u use to control going and even stopping so my question is dos the pedal comander help with "engine braking", stays the same or is actually worse with the upgrade???thx in advance
xXchickenXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:21 PM   #59
DirtyDirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
i have only had the SS in my pic for a couple of months. I bought and installed this a month ago.. I of course, installed and put it on Sport +4 and the response was HOLYS%!T. Crazy fast throttle response, not very "streetable" feeling tho. When you hit the skinny pedal it wants to jump rite up, like you are trying to street race the soccer mom in the mini van next to you.. After messing with it on all different levels, except eco mode...lol. It is very easy to adjust up or down in each mode, and between modes. I have had it on city mode +2 for a couple weeks now. Still a noticeable difference in throttle response, and feels more "streetable". It is worth the couple hundred bucks in my opinion.
15% tint
Matte Black Rally Stripe
2016 Camaro SS Black Chrome PVD Wheels
Pedal Commander

2013 ZL1 BOUGHT 10-29-23 With 1950 miles
K&N Full CAI
15% tint
Few cosmetic additions when it comes out of winter hibernation
DirtyDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:55 PM   #60
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
I had mine installed for 3 months. After throwing codes and putting me into limp mode a second time, I removed it. I guess the general consensus is that it's best to set it and leave it to help keep that from happening. I call nonsense on a $150 part (or whatever I paid for it) that can't fully function as advertised.

I'm not sure if I still have it or not. I couldn't even give it away in this forum for the cost of shipping. This was a couple years ago.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14 PM   #61
DirtyDirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
I had mine installed for 3 months. After throwing codes and putting me into limp mode a second time, I removed it. I guess the general consensus is that it's best to set it and leave it to help keep that from happening. I call nonsense on a $150 part (or whatever I paid for it) that can't fully function as advertised.

I'm not sure if I still have it or not. I couldn't even give it away in this forum for the cost of shipping. This was a couple years ago.
Lucky for me, i had none of those issues or troubles. Installed in minutes, and works exactly as advertised. I know several people that have them on various different makes and models, all are really happy with them, and they all function as advertised.
15% tint
Matte Black Rally Stripe
2016 Camaro SS Black Chrome PVD Wheels
Pedal Commander

2013 ZL1 BOUGHT 10-29-23 With 1950 miles
K&N Full CAI
15% tint
Few cosmetic additions when it comes out of winter hibernation
DirtyDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:49 PM   #62
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDirt View Post
Lucky for me, i had none of those issues or troubles. Installed in minutes, and works exactly as advertised. I know several people that have them on various different makes and models, all are really happy with them, and they all function as advertised.
Nice for them. Didn't work out for me. Won't do it again.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #63
SSJ2

Drives: 2010 2SS CAMARO
I have the Soler Performance Throttle Controller which I bought at the same time as their ported throttle body. Haven't had one issue with either and couldn't imagine driving without either.
BBK Long tube headers, Hi flo cats, straight pipe muffler delete with j-pipes. K+N CAI, Soler Performance Ported Throttle Body, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Phantom Grill, MGW flatstick shifter. 3.91 Gears, Ported Rod Mod Intake, ZTA Spoiler, Rohana RC22 20x10 20x11.
SSJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:44 AM   #64
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I just purchased the PC with Blue Tooth, Going to mount it under dash. I 'll probably put it in today along with my new ZL1 pedals. Hopefully I don't have any issues with it. I'll post back after trying it for a bit .
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote