Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #155
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
I should also add that IF you have any type of device to assist you in NOT getting a ticket (detector, blocker) and you get clocked, you WILL get the ticket. Some times, without you can talk your way out. With, your gonna pay. Cops consider the radar your warning and if you did not get it in time, your tough luck.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #156
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep. If they see a radar detector in use, they will write RDU on the back of the ticket (or something to the effect). So, when it goes to the Judge, you can pretty much guess what's going to happen.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #157
Gunfighter13

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanchevy View Post
Case WON There is not a city or state law that reguries you to have a front plate anymore as of the first of Jan. 2012/ The law simple states there must be (A) Plate on the vech to operate on public roads (A) is the key in this. It payed off NO COST ALL WAS TROW OUT. But I do have to pay my attorney o well.

I think That The state of Texas should be worried more about education and are young ones then focus on such a lame law.
Are you going to sue the city and police department. They did violate your constitutional rights. They made an illegal stop and issued you a citation (which means you were arrested and released when you signed the citation agreeing to appear before the court).

§ 39.03. OFFICIAL OPPRESSION. (a) A public servant
acting under color of his office or employment commits an offense if
he:
(1) intentionally subjects another to mistreatment or
to arrest, detention, search, seizure, dispossession, assessment,
or lien that he knows is unlawful;
(2) intentionally denies or impedes another in the
exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power, or immunity,
knowing his conduct is unlawful; or
(3) intentionally subjects another to sexual
harassment.
(b) For purposes of this section, a public servant acts
under color of his office or employment if he acts or purports to
act in an official capacity or takes advantage of such actual or
purported capacity.
(c) In this section, "sexual harassment" means unwelcome
sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or
physical conduct of a sexual nature, submission to which is made a
term or condition of a person's exercise or enjoyment of any right,
privilege, power, or immunity, either explicitly or implicitly.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

Last edited by Gunfighter13; 06-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #158
Gunfighter13

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2SSRS View Post

Just got pulled over today by a state trooper who had nothing better to do. He ran my plate just because. He had no reason to. I asked him "So why did you run my plate to begin with" all he could say is "Why do you think I ran it?" I actually said, "because of the car"... he laughed and told me "I'm not a motor head". I nearly said "exactly" but restrained myself.

He saw a previous warning for no front plate from 2010. I wondered why he gassed it (unsafely) just to get in front of me. He said "Texas is a two plate state"... I told him I had read that something got left off a bill in the January session...blahblah. Of course big bad state trooper was having none of that.

He wrote me a warning... this is the second one. I am sure a ticket is next. Can't wait to fight it in court. Thank you Trooper T. Radford Jr. for making my day that much better. I sincerely hope you got off on pulling me over for a BS reason. He couldn't even tell me why a front license plate was required other than "It's the law". LOL!

I'm sorry for the rant.. I do respect most law enforcement. Just not these aholes that have nothing better to do than screw with us for BS reasons. Absolutely no harm came from me not having a front license plate. These toopers are from my area and know my car... Most are REALLY cool guys... however, I will now be profiled on a daily basis, I expect. The buddy system is always in full effect with law enforcement.

So I say to you Trooper Radford Jr., I hope you enjoy pulling me over today. You should spend more time checking big rigs hauling drugs or "in tow" vehicles heading to Mexico.

Am I off base here? Curious...
They are required to make a given number of “contacts” per shift. Maybe he was behind in the number of stops he had that day?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #159
Vanchevy

Drives: 2011 2ss
[QUOTE=Gunfighter13;5103018]Are you going to sue the city and police department. They did violate your constitutional rights. They made an illegal stop and issued you a citation (which means you were arrested and released when you signed the citation agreeing to appear before the court).

No why would I The city is doing there job. I am glad that I did not have to pay a fine for this thats all and I still think the front plate law SUCKs IMO- (Dave) out
Closed Thread