Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #43
Zillion

Drives: 2015 Summit White ZL1
That car is looking sic! Is Weapon X Motorsports a good permanent home for your ride? I'm looking for a good one.
Zillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #44
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillion View Post
That car is looking sic! Is Weapon X Motorsports a good permanent home for your ride? I'm looking for a good one.
They aren't bad! The people are really cool and they do good work. Communication seems to be an issue though and they are a bit on the pricey side haha.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #45
Gunmetal Speedster

Brake/Rotor Upgrade!

Finally got around to upgrading my braking setup. I think the stock rotors are ugly and the stock caliper color is even uglier. So I upgraded them all to my liking! I decided to go ahead and do this because I found a deal on eBay that I couldn't pass up. It was the R1 Concepts eLine series slotted and drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads for all four wheels for under $300! What a steal! Sold directly from R1 Concepts themselves! Needless to say, they look amazing! As for the stock ugly grey calipers, a can of high temp red caliper paint from my local Orielly's solved that issue. A member named Dan here gave me the replacement "Chevrolet" and "Brembo" lettering. Very happy with how it all turned out

Here is a vlog of the installation as with most of my mods Enjoy!

*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 07-24-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #46
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Looks good. I figured with the whole Savitar theme that you would have done a blue to match Savitar's suit. Must have gone with red to represent the Flash. Nice upgrade and well done.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:30 AM   #47
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
Looks good. I figured with the whole Savitar theme that you would have done a blue to match Savitar's suit. Must have gone with red to represent the Flash. Nice upgrade and well done.
Haha believe me, I considered it! But there may come a time when the Savitar thing wears off and I want just a cool looking ride and I like the black/grey/red combo haha. But thanks buddy!
Old 09-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #48
Gunmetal Speedster

Exhaust/Diffuser Upgrade!

As much as I loved the Stainless Works retro catback, since the very beginning my other option has always haunted me. The road not taken sorta thing. And I had been hearing clips of it from a buddy on a very similar build as mine and this thing sounded ridiculous! I wanted it, NEEDED IT. So, I did what I said I wouldn't and messed with the exhaust again This time, I brought the Corsa Xtreme catback into the family. This is Corsa's most aggressive system they offer, and man do they mean that. This thing sounds wicked! It's noticeably louder in every way, except for the drone, because there is none! That is Corsa's mantra and man they do it good. I've always thought Corsa and an LS went together like PB&J. Soulmates if you will. I do not regret the decision at all!

Here is the vlog of that installation, followed by just the sound clips for those of you who don't care about the meat and potatoes:

As amazing as it turned out, there was an issue. My muffler shop didn't want to attempt the changeover to quad tips, which meant bye bye to those great looking SS Clones, exposing quite a bit since there were only single exits now instead of duals:

That bothered the crap out of me, so I swapped my old 1LE diffuser out for an eBay one that a lot of members on here love. It's easy to see why:

And as always, here is the vid on that:

Overall, I think it turned out amazing and I'm very pleased with the result!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #49
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
love the car man, great work
Old 09-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #50
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnhowe84 View Post
love the car man, great work
Thanks man!
Old 01-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #51
Gunmetal Speedster

Back To Square One

If you have read my build thread, you would know my very first pans for the car where to get NPP mufflers as well as a 1LE rear diffuser to accommodate the quad tips. After many different exhaust variations, I decided to return to that. Minus the 1LE diffuser, I just modified my current eBay Shark fin one to accommodate the NPP tips. I don't have many pictures, but I do have the finish product along with a video that more or less explains everything and how the new set up sounds.

I will update the main "Current Look" page when I am able to get some better pictures!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #52
Gunmetal Speedster

Hello! Not sure if anyone will actually see this, but I haven't been active on here in what seems like forever and couldn't think of any other spot to post this in. But unfortunately today I sold my Camaro. Hard choice, but I know it was the right one. Gotta set my wife and myself up for a better future by being wise with my money now. So unfortunately that means I will be without a fun car for some time. But I'll be back in one someday, and can't wait to start the process over! I plan on it being a c6 z06 for anyone curious, so unless something changes between now and then, that's most likely what it will be.

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to those of you who supported the build and myself as a content creator. It means a lot to me and is my inspiration to move into bigger and better things. I've gotten to meet so many cool people through owning the Camaro. Forever grateful for the awesome memories I've had with it.

So I'm sure it comes as to no shock, but there's not much reason for me to be around here anymore. Not that I've been active much anyway, but hey, life happens haha. I'll do my best to return and update this post whenever I get something in the future just to say hey and show those who are curious. Until this, this is me logging out. Thanks for the memories C5, hope to see you on the road!
~GMS
Old 03-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #53
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Oh no! I’m sad to see you go. Good luck with your future endeavors.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote