Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-23-2021, 09:32 PM   #15
KnoxSS1LE

Drives: 2013 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Wow, legal long tubes, cams, heads, those are the stuff of yesteryear’s dreams here in the Republik of Calunicornia. We just aspire to eating inside a restaurant again.

Congrats!
Sorry brother. Here in GOOD ole Tennessee we don't even need to run cats!! No inspection on vehicles!
KnoxSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:37 PM   #16
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Welcome to the forum!!!! Great people here. That's amazing, 7900 miles on a 2013. When you get a chance, let's see that baby.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:54 PM   #17
KnoxSS1LE

My 2013
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #18
KnoxSS1LE

Sorry. Don't know why photos posted sideways ��
Old 01-23-2021, 11:45 PM   #19
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The Rod Mod intake from GPI is good start with a Z28 CAI most say no but it does make a difference and the fit an finish is awesome. Figure out what the purpose will be road race, drag strip, weekend warrior, or just a stout all around street car an talk to the cam companies for best cam spec. GPI, Texas Speed, and Katech have good head options. Also don’t over look some of the smaller porters like Pray or Rick Crawford but they are normally booked pretty far out. Get a C5R timing chain with a LS2 chain dampener. Also spec a good oil pump, high pressure or volume again depending on application. Also a remote oil cooler might be a good idea depending on what your gonna do with the car.

Rear suspension is all about brand I’m a Detroit Speed and PAFDT fan so I have their solid cradle bushings with DSE toe rods and trailing arms just saving for their LCAs, also get a set of Z28 upper rear control arm bushings solid vs voided bushing. Try an get a 32mm solid or 35mm hollow rear sway bar will make the car a lot tighter.

Bilstien B6’s shocks and struts with your choice of 1” drop springs any more than that you run the risk of extreme rear axle angles. Any solid bushings in the driveline will result in NVH/drone.

Brakes would be the next choice, try an score a set of 6 piston for the front with rotors, Rock Auto has good deals on both of them, get the C7 Vette calipers they have vented pistons. An braided lines.

Tires an wheels, since it’s a 1LE it’s already got forged wheels with a set of GoodYears 200 tread wear tires (good tire but not in the cold or the rain), wanna look for a set of street tires with a flow forged wheel for good looks.

I have found Summit Racing to be a good supplier of the small stuff and Rock Auto for gaskets an OEM parts. GPI, Texas Speed, Katech, and Motion Race Works for the more specialized items. There’s 2 active members from Katech and GPI here pretty active too. Also check out the members build Forum lots of good ideas there as well.

Mines a 2010 that that I bought new off the lot and been seriously working since early 2012.
Attached Images

1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.

Last edited by olblue75; 01-24-2021 at 10:52 PM.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #20
KnoxSS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
The Rod Mod intake from GPI is good start with a Z28 CAI most say no but it does make a difference and the fit an finish is awesome. Figure out what the purpose will be road race, drag strip, weekend warrior, or just a stout all around street car an talk to the cam companies for best cam spec. GPI, Texas Speed, and Katech have good head options. Also don’t over look some of the smaller porters like Pray or Rick Crawford but they are normally booked pretty far out. Get a C5R timing chain with a LS2 chain dampener. Also spec a good oil pump, high pressure or volume again depending on application. Also a remote oil cooler might be a good idea depending on what your gonna do with the car.

Rear suspension is all about brand I’m a Detroit Speed and PAFDT fan so I have their solid cradle bushings with DSE toe rods and trailing arms just saving for their LCAs, also get a set of Z28 upper rear control arm bushings solid vs voided bushing. Try an get a 32mm solid or 35mm hollow rear sway bar will make the car a lot tighter.

Bilstien B6’s shocks and struts with your choice of 1” drop springs any more than that you run the risk of extreme rear axle angles. Any solid bushings in the driveline will result in NVH/drone.

Brakes would be the next choice, try an score a set of 6 piston for the front with rotors, Rock Auto has good deals on both of them, get the C7 Vette calipers they have vented pistons. An braided lines.

Tires an wheels, since it’s a 1LE it’s already got forged wheels with a set of GoodYears 200 tread wear tires (good tire but not in the cold or the rain), wanna look for a set of street tires with a flow forged wheel for good looks.

I have found Summit Racing to be a good supplier of the small stuff and Rock Auto for gaskets an OEM parts. GPI, Texas Speed, Katech, and Motion Race Works for the more specialized items. There’s 2 active members from Katech and GPI here pretty active too. Also check out the members build Forum lots of good ideas there as well.

Mines a 2010 that that I bought off the lot and been seriously working since early 2012.
Thank you very much! Your car is beautiful. Bet its a fun drive
Old 01-24-2021, 01:40 PM   #21
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Go drag racing. Live 1/8 at a time.
Attached Images

Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #22
olblue75

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxSS1LE View Post
Thank you very much! Your car is beautiful. Bet its a fun drive
Greatly appreciate it an yeah it’s fun but needs more power an better tires.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #23
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Wow blue, and vegas, your Camaro's look amazing!!
Old 01-24-2021, 10:55 PM   #24
olblue75

Talk about good lookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Wow blue, and vegas, your Camaro's look amazing!!
Man your is no slouch either, I followed your intake thread an was really hoping the LOD would be a good road course type of intake but seems like everything leans towards drag racing, so I got a GPI modded intake an will see how it performs.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:09 AM   #25
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Man your is no slouch either, I followed your intake thread an was really hoping the LOD would be a good road course type of intake but seems like everything leans towards drag racing, so I got a GPI modded intake an will see how it performs.
Yea thanks sir, I appreciate that!! Yea the LOD does and seems to be an "all out" intake manifold as it really moved my power band way to the right and out to 7500 and was still wanting to make power, whereas what you do for racing, road course, you need the power "in the middle" so to speak and the stock, or even better "rod modded" intake would be better for that. Good luck with your new intake and have fun and enjoy!!
Old 01-25-2021, 05:43 PM   #26
KnoxSS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Go drag racing. Live 1/8 at a time.
Very clean! Love the wheels
Old 01-25-2021, 08:42 PM   #27
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxSS1LE View Post
Very clean! Love the wheels
I got way more miles on my 2013. I just turned 15,000. A lot of short trips down a straight, flat, sticky road.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote