Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
E85LSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro
clear pics. . .
Attached Images

E85LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #16
E85LSX

Even more pics!! I really should have cleaned the lens yesterday lol. No special tools are required, all you need is some good socket sets and air tools make it go alot quicker but you can definitely get the job done without them. I also used a torque wrench for some bolts but again I wouldn't consider it a necessity.

I ordered early to get the special "December dollar days" pricing but it looks like right now the coil overs are $1500 on the website. Again, the quality is impressive and I think they are worth the money.

I will post back after some more driving with my impressions but so far its a night and day difference. There is still understeer though but you can change that with your right foot if you want to, I believe the understeer will not go away unless the tires are changed to a non staggered setup. Personally I like the wider tires in the rear and will keep it that way and live with the understeer.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #17
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
WOW...Bro that is impressive. Very very nice. Just out of curiosity, what was the December "sale" pricing? Maybe a group buy could get the same sort of deal?
Old 08-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #18
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Thanks for the pix! Looks great! I can tell you that running the 20X9, 275x40's up
front,"shedding the stagger" will NOT lose the understeer. Nor will throttle correction. I am convinced that this is going to be a complicated set up to achieve optimum track performance. My confidence is with Pete and his test drivers. I know what they are after. And that is to eliminate this weakness. I will be following they're lead on this issue rather then to guess with my wallet.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #19
E85LSX

Believe me throttle correction loses the understeer real quick. . . if you have the balls to do it lol. You can go from understeer to oversteer using the gas pedal, I havn't "tracked" this car yet and when I do it will be at a drag strip. This method of driving may not get you around the track the fastest buts its alot of fun!!

I want to do 315 out back and 275 up front with the 20" rims. I also havn't done sway bars yet but I will as soon as I decide who's I want. I think the sway bars will improve the understerr as well.

P.S. this is my daily driver so I have to be concerned with ground clearance. This morning I drove over a speed bump (i'd say its one of the larger ones) and my headers were just barely scraping. I went very slow but hit it dead on, I did not hit it at an angle. Basically I do not think groud clearance is an issue for me and I will leave her at this height.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

On road course driving you cannot go in on the pipe. Your either braking and/or using compression to set up the exit. That is why, specifically the understeer needs some geometry correction and additional stability. Yes, sway bars will help some.
I too have clearance issues living on a dirt road. I wont be able to drop mine as you have as a street driver. When I hit the track I will be adjusting them down.
Thanks for your experience!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
bars will definitely help i with the understeer. car looks amazing can't wait to do mine. also, what did you use just by looking at your drop it looks fairly modest compared to settings a couple of pedders cars we've seen i love the stance though best so far
Old 08-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #22
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Maybe its just the pics but it seems like there is quite a bit of neg camber? Just an Illusion?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #23
Capstone

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Maybe its just the pics but it seems like there is quite a bit of neg camber? Just an Illusion?
I see it too... looks to me like the front especially.

Wheel -axle- Wheel
/ /..............\ \
/ /=========\ \
/ / '''''''''''''''''''''''''' \ \

??
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #24
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
No way I'm getting Pedders! They make your car look all blurry

No, really....the stance is bad ass!

Good job Pedders....
Old 08-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #25
E85LSX

yup there is alot of negative camber in the front. The front camber is adjusted by loosening the two bolts that hold the front strut to the knuckle and then moving the knucke in or out since the holes through it are slotted. In the pics its set to the max negative position. Im not sure yet where I'm going ot set it, I am going to increase the negative camber in the back though.

And the ride height can be set about a half inch lower all around than it is in my pics, it can also be set about 2 inches higher. I used the installation guides recomendation for the ride height and so far i'm happy with it. I think it could go down a half inch without the tires hitting the wheel wells but I might start hiting more speed bumps and things. I don't think i should go any lower.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #26
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Just a guess but I'd say more then 1.5 degree negative camber up front. The rear looks close to 1.5.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #27
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by E85LSX View Post
yup there is alot of negative camber in the front. The front camber is adjusted by loosening the two bolts that hold the front strut to the knuckle and then moving the knucke in or out since the holes through it are slotted. In the pics its set to the max negative position. Im not sure yet where I'm going ot set it, I am going to increase the negative camber in the back though.

And the ride height can be set about a half inch lower all around than it is in my pics, it can also be set about 2 inches higher. I used the installation guides recomendation for the ride height and so far i'm happy with it. I think it could go down a half inch without the tires hitting the wheel wells but I might start hiting more speed bumps and things. I don't think i should go any lower.
Are you going to be taking it to the track often?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Watkins Glen. Not to far away. But not easy to get track time on.