Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 01-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #1
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Arrow Looking for "Sponsorships"? Here is where to start.

I happened to see a thread today where a gentleman was looking for "sponsorships", and I posted a comment with some pointers for him. I then noticed that there were a half dozen other posts like his in this section, people wanting "sponsorships" for their Camaro, with no idea how to go about getting them, or simply going about it all wrong. If you are serious about getting "Sponsors" on board with you and your car, and contributing free or discounted parts to the build, here are some pointers.

1. Be honest with yourself and your sponsors. Are you just looking for some discounted or free parts, or are you actually trying to make your car a testament to the parts that it is equipped with, proving their success with results from shows, publications, races, or track results. Simply attending some local car shows and being an enthusiast of your vehicle does not really fit you into an actual sponsorship.

2. Give details, lots of them. When you are asking for sponsorship, you need to be specific about the vehicle, its current state, plans for its sponsored state, and exactly how, when, and what the car will be used for. As a product manufacturer, I want to know what shows and/or events are you committing to, what publications will the car be featured in, who else is on board so far, what sets your vehicle apart, etc. The more details the better, this shows companies that you have a plan to promote them in a organized and well thought strategy, and are not just looking for a free part and throwing a sticker on your car for a few local shows. You should outline exactly what the sponsor is receiving in return for them giving you whatever it is that they are sponsoring you with. Details, details, details.

3. Photos. If you have photos of your car, or digitally rendered images of what the car is going to look like when done, provide them when asking for sponsorship. Don't use cell phone shots, and ensure the car is looking it's best.

4. Professionalism. When a company sponsors a vehicle, that vehicle and the owner/driver has become an extension of the companies that it is promoting. Companies have spent a lot of time and money building their brand, the more professional your approach and representation, the more likely the sponsor will want to work with you.

5. Be direct. Don't just post up on a forum board or Facebook Page "Looking for Sponsors". All that does is scream "Looking for free parts". Instead, contact specific companies that you want to work with directly, present to them you and your vehicle, the plan, your goals, what you are bringing to the table, and why sponsoring your vehicle is a win-win for both parties.

6. Sell yourself, not just the car. Ultimately, we are working with you the owner, you are the one we will be speaking with and dealing with. Think of it like a job application/interview, and highlight your experience, skills, and ability to be an extension of the sponsors company and product.

The main thing to remember is that companies who are sponsoring you are spending money to do so, so make sure that you are showing them where those advertising dollars are going. Most companies get sponsorship requests on a weekly basis, so separate yourself from the pack and stand out by approaching this in a professional and organized manner. I hope that helps.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Great post!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Awesome post, And don't take offense if they choose not to sponsor you. Getting a sponsorship is extremely hard with most things

thanks for all the pointers
Old 01-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
KINGRENZ

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
I happened to see a thread today where a gentleman was looking for "sponsorships", and I posted a comment with some pointers for him. I then noticed that there were a half dozen other posts like his in this section, people wanting "sponsorships" for their Camaro, with no idea how to go about getting them, or simply going about it all wrong. If you are serious about getting "Sponsors" on board with you and your car, and contributing free or discounted parts to the build, here are some pointers.

1. Be honest with yourself and your sponsors. Are you just looking for some discounted or free parts, or are you actually trying to make your car a testament to the parts that it is equipped with, proving their success with results from shows, publications, races, or track results. Simply attending some local car shows and being an enthusiast of your vehicle does not really fit you into an actual sponsorship.

2. Give details, lots of them. When you are asking for sponsorship, you need to be specific about the vehicle, its current state, plans for its sponsored state, and exactly how, when, and what the car will be used for. As a product manufacturer, I want to know what shows and/or events are you committing to, what publications will the car be featured in, who else is on board so far, what sets your vehicle apart, etc. The more details the better, this shows companies that you have a plan to promote them in a organized and well thought strategy, and are not just looking for a free part and throwing a sticker on your car for a few local shows. You should outline exactly what the sponsor is receiving in return for them giving you whatever it is that they are sponsoring you with. Details, details, details.

3. Photos. If you have photos of your car, or digitally rendered images of what the car is going to look like when done, provide them when asking for sponsorship. Don't use cell phone shots, and ensure the car is looking it's best.

4. Professionalism. When a company sponsors a vehicle, that vehicle and the owner/driver has become an extension of the companies that it is promoting. Companies have spent a lot of time and money building their brand, the more professional your approach and representation, the more likely the sponsor will want to work with you.

5. Be direct. Don't just post up on a forum board or Facebook Page "Looking for Sponsors". All that does is scream "Looking for free parts". Instead, contact specific companies that you want to work with directly, present to them you and your vehicle, the plan, your goals, what you are bringing to the table, and why sponsoring your vehicle is a win-win for both parties.

6. Sell yourself, not just the car. Ultimately, we are working with you the owner, you are the one we will be speaking with and dealing with. Think of it like a job application/interview, and highlight your experience, skills, and ability to be an extension of the sponsors company and product.

The main thing to remember is that companies who are sponsoring you are spending money to do so, so make sure that you are showing them where those advertising dollars are going. Most companies get sponsorship requests on a weekly basis, so separate yourself from the pack and stand out by approaching this in a professional and organized manner. I hope that helps.
GREAT POST. Awesome read. Exactly what I was looking for
NOW IF I CAN GET YOU/CAI TO SPONSOR ME AND MY CAMARO SS.?
Harvey Dent- Dark Night Feeling
KINGRENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
Sales @ CAI Inc

Thanks guys!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I was deeply immersed in the aftermarket world of sport compact and modern muscle cars for many years before jumping to the OEM side. I was in direct contact with over 80 companies and everybody wanted a sponsorship.

The bottom line is very simple: What is the companies return on investment. For the $xxxx dollars in discounted of free parts, what type of advertising do they get in return? "Everyone" goes to car shows so that is not unique. "Everyone's"car is also getting features in a magazine.....years ago most manufactures got wise to this one as well and require that you purchase their parts. If and when you car is in print with their sticker or part called out you get your discount or refund.

Finally, the 5th gen is reaching end of life with the 6th gen just around the corner. Companies are going to be looking at those cars to assist or sponsor very soon. The number of new products coming to market for the 5th will be very limited.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I was deeply immersed in the aftermarket world of sport compact and modern muscle cars for many years before jumping to the OEM side. I was in direct contact with over 80 companies and everybody wanted a sponsorship.

The bottom line is very simple: What is the companies return on investment. For the $xxxx dollars in discounted of free parts, what type of advertising do they get in return? "Everyone" goes to car shows so that is not unique. "Everyone's"car is also getting features in a magazine.....years ago most manufactures got wise to this one as well and require that you purchase their parts. If and when you car is in print with their sticker or part called out you get your discount or refund.

Finally, the 5th gen is reaching end of life with the 6th gen just around the corner. Companies are going to be looking at those cars to assist or sponsor very soon. The number of new products coming to market for the 5th will be very limited.
Well said and very true!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #8
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Very good info here.

From years of racing cars and having sponsors, one thing I can confirm is you are going to spend far more money attaining and keeping sponsors than you would ever spend on the free or discounted parts. The upside however is if you are participating at the level where you attract sponsors anyway, the savings do help out.

Most of the time you must be willing to invest in companies' parts and offer to do a little advertising to prove your commitment and profitability, then a company may kick you down some new developments or discounts on future parts.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
BTRSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Supercharged
I may be coming late to the "request for sponsorship" game, but I'm very interested in obtaining sponsorships from any of the aftermarket companies that I've "invested" heavily in during the 4 year rebuild of my Camaro SS (check out my build thread).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343895

I don't mind writing letters and sending pictures with the details of my build and believe it or not, I'm not looking for free parts as I think my Camaro if finally done....or maybe not. I find sponsorships a testament to the time, money and vision we have invested in our cars so in my opinion a letter from the sponsor on his letterhead would be more than I could ask for (and maybe a hat or tee shirt as I never seam to have enough of either). Also, don't underestimate the value of car shows or cruise nights. I attend one of the biggest cruise nights in the New England area at Foxboro Stadium in addition to many car shows and always have a list of suppliers that I share with people that are interested in modifying their Camaro. I would think that's a pretty good return on investment.

But here is my question regarding sponsorships. How do you know where or how to mail or email the package to? Any help here would be great.
BTRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:18 PM   #10
UC_Mafia_Ultimate_Camaro

Drives: all social media look up UC Mafia
very very good advice

you gave some seriously good advice! pretty much the exact advice one of my sponsors gave me for advice that i actually ended up becoming very good friends with as well. if you would please checkout my social media network let me know if you have any advice cause i am always looking for great advice... https://youtu.be/qacpolfDhPc
instagram @uc_mafia_vegas_head_turners
facebook @ucmafia1
Twitter @UcMafia
thanks
UC_Mafia_Ultimate_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:49 PM   #11
jim servino

Drives: 2010 camaro
that's great advice it"s good to see some people who tell the truth and don't feed you a bunch of BS well done
jim servino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #12
LSLuvr

Drives: Camaro SS
Interesting advice

Super informative advice. I just started my own youtube channel featuring a 2010 Camaro SS build that will be competing with a lot of "Big Time" build teams. This build will be doing so from a budget minded stand point (which should be super interesting...) featuring home installed mods each showing a step up the performance ladder.
Any support from subscribers or tech experience would defintely be appreciated!
Project "Swamp Rat" or LSLuvr on Youtube.
LSLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #13
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
While the OP is quite old now, the information is still very true. They need to see a value in your AND your car. Remember, they are in business to make money. If you can help them make money then that is your value. Just going to a few car shows, meets, or cruise-ins won't cut it.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #14
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
some of us would like V6 sponsors, but that would be like not happening
but i will have me some stickers to go on my tool box
BBK
Mace
Vararam
HP Tuners
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote