Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Question Injen Long Tube

Hi guys so I just installed my Injen Long Tube Intake into my 11 v6. Big difference, I can feel it at low rpms and especially high rpms with a nice growl to it. Anyways, I did the install pretty clean, everything is tight ( clamps ) It whistles too ( if it whistles means it works ) and no water from removing the reservoir hit any cables whatsoever, not even the pump from it. The problem is I'm now getting a message everytime I turn on my car that says " Open/Close Driver Side Window". I do that and it doesn't go away. So I just click the button where our turn signals are at and it goes away. However, it continues to do so every time I turn on the car. Anyone know why this is? It's a little annoying because I enjoyed just pressing my window button to close or up once and it would automatically do it. Now I have to manually ( hold it ) till it closes or opens. Thank you all for taking your time and patience, by viewing this thread and potentially giving me clarity
-WilliamG.
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Odds are it's got nothing to do with the cold air intake... This message will appear from time to time, you just need to re-index the window like it's asking you to do... I would have to do this on my old 2010 once every two to 3 months usually...

If I remember right it should still do an auto down, but you have to manually hold the button to get it to come all the way up? Mine would anyway... I would auto down, wait a second then hold the button to make it go all the way up, continue to hold it up, and the message would go away... If you try to do it too fast, it doesn't seem to "learn", and have to do it again. Some times I would have to do it 2 to 3 times to get it done and the message to go away. Most of the time, I had figured out the timing right to get it in one motion.

It will continue to show you that message until you do what it says... If you just can't get it, take it to the dealer.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
jtbravo

Drives: 2011 LS
Mine does it when I disconnect the battery. I usually put the window down and up a couple of times with the door open and closed and it resets.

BBK Long Tube, HF Cat, RX ICE-Olator, RX OCC, C.A.I Intake, ADM Scoop,
ROTO-fab washer relocator, Hurst short throw, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, VMAX TB;
ENKEI RAIJIN 19x9.5; HANKOOK Ventus V12 evo2 275/35zr/19

Coming soon... HPtuner... I hope...
jtbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
I used to get this message all the time for the passenger window. It hasn't done it in a while. Follow what racnjsn said
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Yeah, if you disconnected the battery cable during the intake install, you'll need to re-do the window settings for the auto up/down feature. Look on pages 2-16 and 2-17 of your owner's manual.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
William.23

Sweet appreciate it guys. Yeah I disconnected the battery to install it just wasn't sure if was the Intake or the disconnection of the battery that was causing it. I can just use the button on the side to click off the message away but it continues to pop up every time I turn on the car. I'll try this method Racnjsn. I usually just put it up but never held the button when it was already up so it would read. I'll give it a try! Thanks everyone who responded to this thread. You're input is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Odds are it's got nothing to do with the cold air intake... This message will appear from time to time, you just need to re-index the window like it's asking you to do... I would have to do this on my old 2010 once every two to 3 months usually...

If I remember right it should still do an auto down, but you have to manually hold the button to get it to come all the way up? Mine would anyway... I would auto down, wait a second then hold the button to make it go all the way up, continue to hold it up, and the message would go away... If you try to do it too fast, it doesn't seem to "learn", and have to do it again. Some times I would have to do it 2 to 3 times to get it done and the message to go away. Most of the time, I had figured out the timing right to get it in one motion.

It will continue to show you that message until you do what it says... If you just can't get it, take it to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Yeah, if you disconnected the battery cable during the intake install, you'll need to re-do the window settings for the auto up/down feature. Look on pages 2-16 and 2-17 of your owner's manual.

Thanks both of you it worked!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by William.23 View Post
Thanks both of you it worked!
Glad you got it fixed!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #3802
My 13 ZL1 does it frequently, It is not to worry about, I just roll each window down then up and it goes away.