Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #71
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
permagrin hands down, get it and you will know what we know!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #72
CWO_Maddog

Drives: 1998 SS (yes, single 3" pipe)
As for the guys joking about the Prius...thanks, but no thanks...I'll stick with my other vehicle (talk about perma-grin!!):
Attached Images

CWO_Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #73
Beemer
"Red Rocket"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO_Maddog View Post
As for the guys joking about the Prius...thanks, but no thanks...I'll stick with my other vehicle (talk about perma-grin!!):
Any mods?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #74
CWO_Maddog

Drives: 1998 SS (yes, single 3" pipe)
Well it's pushing nearly 3800 shaft horsepower...no mods needed

CWO_Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #75
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I met a guy who goes to my church with a modded 2011 392 Challenger. His dad owns a dealership and they do all his work. Now unless he was getting CELs all the time with all his mods and at the same time putting down 550RWP, somebody tuned it, somehow! I wish I had his contact info to ask if he knew how they got around the encryption, but I suppose the dealers have the keys to the ECU's encryption scheme...
Would be interesting to see in person. In order to get 500rwhp, you need atleast headers however 550rwhp, he must have either engine work or a boost application. Does he like Nitrous?

There is definitely no tuning available for the 2011-2012 Dodge Challenger 392cid SRT8 model.
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #76
nmulvey

Drives: 2012 VR 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO_Maddog View Post
Lol I need help! I've driven all three of these cars and really like them all nearly equally. They each have their plusses and minuses. It's just my wife and I now, no more tuition to pay, and I'm wanting some American muscle!
Had a Challenger...just traded it in for a Camaro. I loved the Dodge styling, but the quality was just not there man. A/C went out three times in 25k miles. Paint was chipping everywhere. I think it was going to start rusting soon haha. Camaro is a much higher quality car IMHO.
nmulvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #77
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulvey View Post
Had a Challenger...just traded it in for a Camaro. I loved the Dodge styling, but the quality was just not there man. A/C went out three times in 25k miles. Paint was chipping everywhere. I think it was going to start rusting soon haha. Camaro is a much higher quality car IMHO.
Sounds like you got a bad car, I have heard the same gripes on here though about the Camaro, especially the paint gripes.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #78
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Sounds like you got a bad car, I have heard the same gripes on here though about the Camaro, especially the paint gripes.
I think ALL new "domestic" cars are going to have the same problem with the paint. We can thank the eco-friendly people for paint that scratches if you look at it funny. I just bought a 2003 A6 Audi and the paint is WAY more durable...
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #79
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I have 2 out of 3. My ownership feedback is that overall the Camaro SS package gets the edge while from a purely driver's standpoint I can't argue much against the Boss, so to speak.

And I tested both Challenger R/T and SRT8- while both are formidable and intimidating due to their heft, in my personal preference the former is a par below a Mustang GT or Camaro SS while the latter is just way overpriced for what it is. Although if I were ever to pull the trigger on a Mopar, it would certainly be the Challenger SRT8 for me.. or maybe the forthcoming 'Cuda (but that's another topic). Long story short, I ended up getting these 2 and can't complain much.

Test drive all 3 variants and choose with your mind and senses as well, not just your heart. Your intentions on what to do next is also a big factor- if you're out to mod the crap out of it then either the Camaro & Mustang will be the better choice. I'm not into modding much as I always try to keep my rides as stock as possible- so I just enjoy them (beauty & performance) for what they are straight from the factory. Good luck!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #80
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulvey View Post
30K miles on my 10' Challenger SE, had zero problems (other than one burned out tail-light bulb). Most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Car was very solid, just underpowered.
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 AM   #81
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
I have 2 out of 3. My ownership feedback is that overall the Camaro SS package gets the edge while from a purely driver's standpoint I can't argue much against the Boss, so to speak.

And I tested both Challenger R/T and SRT8- while both are formidable and intimidating due to their heft, in my personal preference the former is a par below a Mustang GT or Camaro SS while the latter is just way overpriced for what it is. Although if I were ever to pull the trigger on a Mopar, it would certainly be the Challenger SRT8 for me.. or maybe the forthcoming 'Cuda (but that's another topic). Long story short, I ended up getting these 2 and can't complain much.

Test drive all 3 variants and choose with your mind and senses as well, not just your heart. Your intentions on what to do next is also a big factor- if you're out to mod the crap out of it then either the Camaro & Mustang will be the better choice. I'm not into modding much as I always try to keep my rides as stock as possible- so I just enjoy them (beauty & performance) for what they are straight from the factory. Good luck!

Okay, what do you use to detail your rides.....They shine. I want mine to gleam that well
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #82
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
The fact you even asked that question here makes me think you should get a Prius.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #83
LionMaro

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice 1SS Camaro
I work at the headquarters of Chrysler in Auburn Hills as an engineer and I drive a Camaro ha.
The chargers and challengers are definitely great cars, but unless you get the SRT, I would go with the Camaro.
The upgrades to the fascia makes the SRT Charger one mean looking car, it has it all, but with an obvious price tag.
LionMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #84
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionMaro View Post
I work at the headquarters of Chrysler in Auburn Hills as an engineer and I drive a Camaro
Thats tooooo Funny!