Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Not well-versed on car audio hookups and such, but would this little guy do the trick? http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...70&cid=SIR-GM1
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Not well-versed on car audio hookups and such, but would this little guy do the trick? http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...70&cid=SIR-GM1
Already asked a while ago and was told no....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #17
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
I have 2 sirius radio subscriptions. I guess i'm going to have to go the other way and get a XM radio for my Truck, I really dont want to pay two base fees. I guess once my 3 Months is over ill be totally switching to XM.

I hate XM, but i guess its not so bad since they merged. My mother had XM in her 08 Tahoe (RIP) pre-merger and i couldnt stand it. I still dont like it, but at least XM has Octane and NHL Home Ice.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Already asked a while ago and was told no....
Rats! :/
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #19
navyflyer72

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd, BLK/CYB GRY
This whole merger thing has been a crock. I have 2 Sirius subscriptions (mine and my wife's), mine is a lifetime subscription, so I no longer have a monthly fee. (This is one of the reasons that I want to get Sirius in my Camaro). The other reason is because I got Sirius for Howard Stern.

I really think we should petition Sirius/XM and GM and get them to develop a plug-n-play converter box for GM so that we (the loyal GM and Sirius fans that we are) can enjoy the best of both worlds (Auto and Audio) without having to chop up our brand new Camaro's to duct-tape, velcro, screw radios all over the cockpit! Not to mention the antenna issue, my understanding is that the XM antenna factory installed on the Camaro is not compatible with the Sirius signal... hmmm.

I will start the petition if people are interested, hey mods, can we make this a poll?

Regards,
George
Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #20
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyflyer72 View Post
This whole merger thing has been a crock. I have 2 Sirius subscriptions (mine and my wife's), mine is a lifetime subscription, so I no longer have a monthly fee. (This is one of the reasons that I want to get Sirius in my Camaro). The other reason is because I got Sirius for Howard Stern.

I really think we should petition Sirius/XM and GM and get them to develop a plug-n-play converter box for GM so that we (the loyal GM and Sirius fans that we are) can enjoy the best of both worlds (Auto and Audio) without having to chop up our brand new Camaro's to duct-tape, velcro, screw radios all over the cockpit! Not to mention the antenna issue, my understanding is that the XM antenna factory installed on the Camaro is not compatible with the Sirius signal... hmmm.

I will start the petition if people are interested, hey mods, can we make this a poll?

Regards,
George
They do make antenna adaptors to use the XM antenna with the siruis box on cars that they offer the converters for. Maybe they will still offer the converter eventually.....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
navyflyer72

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd, BLK/CYB GRY
I sure wish they would get started on a converter, I would really hate to have to use a separate antenna and plug in my Stiletto 2... I just want to finally control everything through the head unit... I guess I am asking too much from GM and Sirius/XM to actually consider the customer... maybe it will come standard on the Z-28 (and I will curse myself for not waiting...) haha
Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
A article I found about Sirius/XM early in June.... I posted at another site and can't remember the website I got this from.

Sirius XM A La Carte Recievers Coming Soon?

June 5, 2009

Sirius XM Radio could offer a la carte satellite radio receivers in the near future, as a recent patent announcement claims that technology for such an option is on the way. Satwaves.com reports that a new patent indicates that no new hardware will be required to allow for a la carte options. Instead, the feature is "achieved at the point of transmission, rather than reception."

According to the patent's abstract, "a subscriber to a first satellite radio service can be provided with an option to receive, over their current receiver unit, supplemental content, such as a particular show or channel, which is otherwise only available within a relevant jurisdiction as part of a subscription package to subscribers of one or more other satellite radio services. Thus, without purchasing a full subscription to another service, the subscriber of the first satellite radio service may arrange to receive supplemental content that is otherwise only available as part of a subscription package, such as a basic or general subscription package, to subscription holders of one or more other services. The invention also provides methods of broadcasting and methods of configuring dedicated and interoperable satellite radio receiver units so that the supplemental content can be received by a subscriber."

As part of their merger agreement, Sirius XM agreed to release a la carte radios sometime down the road and give subscribers multiple options for a la carte programming from both Sirius and XM.

Satwaves speculates that this technology could let subscribers better pick and choose what they want to hear, i.e. Howard Stern fans could get Stern's channels without signing up for as much other content. Satwaves also says that perhaps the recent news of royalty fees being passed along to subscribers could be connected to this technology, "as lower priced consumer options will require it to level the playing field and still maintain a path to profitability."

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote