Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: If you're ordering a Z/28, what percentage of it's usage will be on-track?
Zero 46 44.23%
0 to 20% 25 24.04%
20 to 40% 10 9.62%
40 to 60% 4 3.85%
60 to 80% 9 8.65%
80 to 100% 10 9.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
This is the Camaro to own IMHO. I'd drive the crap outta it on the track and the back roads. Exactly the kind of car I wish more companies offered reasonably. If Ford had already beaten Chevy to the punch I'd by this care without hesitation. As it is, I'm trying to find a way to get it as well. As I said elsewhere GM is turning me back into a fan, something I though would never happen based on previous GM product experience.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr2003 View Post
I called 2 dealers in New Jersey and they had no information and would not take a deposit. I will try a few more dealers late this afternoon....
Same here. Good thing I guess as at this point I'd lose the deposit. Still working on how I can get this car and where I'd park it.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #31
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Interesting numbers, so far. 50/50 on the track/no track choice. I would never have guessed that half of potential Z/28 owners would never drive the car on track. Wonder how this will carry through to actual buyers?

Not a surprise at all. Its pretty much common sense.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #32
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
Not a surprise at all. Its pretty much common sense.
Common sense? Guess that's something I lack. I would have thought that more people buying a track-oriented car would actually consider driving it on the track. Don't get me wrong, I get that many people buy the latest, greatest -- or buy something and lock it away in hopes that it will appreciate. I think those folks will be disappointed. Even though I love the Z/28, I'm not sure it will be collectible -- at least not within the time frame of a speculator...

Of course, since we have no way of knowing how many folks posting here will actually follow through on purchasing the car, I guess it remains to be seen. I plan on driving mine on track; if others don't that's their prerogative. More fun for me -- and less chances of being passed, I guess...
Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #33
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
I want and need a reliable track car that can go 10/10 for hours without boiling, coking, or puking fluids!

If GM elects to make the Z28 scarce to the point of $15K ADM on top of $70K, I will sit out a year to save up for the new RS3 ($135K).

I would be sad not getting a Z28 since a RS3 is more of a finesse driving style car not suited for over-driving (I have no patience thus find the limits at the get go and then back off incrementally till quickest lap time achieved).
sho928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #34
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
I don't see the point of getting one and not tracking it. The car sacrifices a lot of comfort features for the pure reason of being a true track contender. If I was getting one it would be purely for the purpose of tracking it.
ZL1 #612
snapp32e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #35
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp32e View Post
I don't see the point of getting one and not tracking it. The car sacrifices a lot of comfort features for the pure reason of being a true track contender. If I was getting one it would be purely for the purpose of tracking it.
+1000. However, if you look at the poll, the majority of people just want the car for the 'badge'. Lots of people want to look/feel the part, without actually acting on it. Common behavior with every brand out there. It's silly, but what can you do? You can only hope the manufacturer doesn't water down future versions to appease the wanna-be's.

Poll shows 46% will NEVER take it to the track
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #36
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
...Poll shows 46% will NEVER take it to the track
What percentage of those taking the poll might actually end up owning a Z/28? I'm hoping that the car attracts the hard core track guy more than the "garage queen" sort. Guess we'll see. Though anyone who spends their money on one is entitled to do whatever the hell they please with theirs, I hope Chevy builds enough -- and gets a big batch out immediately, instead of a trickle -- so that they're not rare enough to justify extreme price gouging. Hey, it could happen...
Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #37
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
There will be garage queens that are kept pristine in hopes of accumulating a lucrative investment. Always will with cars. And in the future, if they make another Z/28, I can bet with anyone that it'll be a wash as later 2nd gen-4th gen Zs. They may make a 6th gen well, but it'll start getting saturated with buying a badge if it continues. Ppl always want what they can't have right? So that's where the drive is. The Z/28s brakes may not fade, but the car will.

You see this with many items today. They make something not everyone can get then ppl start buying them up and then it's on to the next big thing and that goes out. This is not late 60s muscle cars. Not even close. Never will be again.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #38
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ss View Post
Not to mention recent disasters that's been occurring lately, several friends including my father lost garage queens . All the years of pampering and 1 terrible day u lose it all . Live today cause tomorrow ain't promised
How very true my friend, life is but a fleeting moment. Here today, gone tomorrow. The only guarantee is that there are no guarantees. I drive my performance cars for the sheer thrill only, at my own risk and peril. I own them for my personal adrenaline use, irregardless of where the asphalt lies. On the edge makes one feel....alive... carry on......
Old 04-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #39
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
How very true my friend, life is but a fleeting moment. Here today, gone tomorrow. The only guarantee is that there are no guarantees. I drive my performance cars for the sheer thrill only, at my own risk and peril. I own them for my personal adrenaline use, irregardless of where the asphalt lies. On the edge makes one feel....alive... carry on......
The only guarantee, is death. It's permanent and the only constant in this world. Everything else is luxury.

But that's why I drive mine as well. Adrenaline. It's free but man is it addicting!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote