Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
2015 Toronto Auto Show

So today I went to the auto show for the first time. I cannot believe how ignorant..stupid ..and just plain clueless people can be. After this I will be sure before making sure any future new car purchase it was not at the an auto show. The place was packed....people getting in and out of cars with bundles of keys clipped on their pants....a 2015 convertable ss with leather was one victim. Kids hanging off the cars wearing winter coats with zippers. I was very surprised at the attention the Camaro was getting....people were crowded around it. The price for the car was 56000 Canadian dollars. So don't ever call me cheap lol. The gm rep told me the new Camaro will be 300lbs lighter....and going to be slightly smaller with a bump in power. And she did confirm a turbo 4 will be going into the car...just like the motor in the caddy. She was very good and you could tell she was into cars. From my understanding the caddy ats with a smaller frame is what the Camaro will be based on for a platform. Now don't flame me over misinformation or anything like that. Im simply passing on some info that I heard today. Maybe its already been disussed here already. 1 car I did see was a challenger shaker..its a performance build from dodge....it even has stiffeners in the trunk....lime green with black hood ...roof and trunk....very similar to the aar cuda. Its a good time to be looking at new vehicles..all the manufacturers have really good choices. Did see the 350 Shelby in person. Its a beauty. So if you get a chance to attend a show like this I recommend you do ..its really a good time.

I know its in the wrong section ..ive already asked for it to be moved guys.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Thanks for sharing
It makes me wonder whether to get the CTS-V or wait on the Camaro version whatever it's called
Old 02-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #3
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Yup this is how i heard of the 1LE a few years ago at the auto show here in Orlando. I was just about to get a Nismo 370Z but this lady at the Gm spot knew her stuff and changed my mind and im so glad i went over and talked to her
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 PM   #4
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
56k? Damn, what is the conversion rate to american? or is it just a gm markup?

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
56k? Damn, what is the conversion rate to american? or is it just a gm markup?
Our dollar is somewhere around 78 cents to your dollar. It burns me when you guys talk about pricing for ur cars ...my camaro 2ss auto priced out at 49 thousand on the gm build it site.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #6
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
My dealer told me the same thing about the new Camaro being smaller and built on the Caddy platform and with the option of a turbo-4 last week when I picked up my new truck.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #7
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
I thought the Chevrolet display was embarrassing !
It had to be the most boring one there, horrible dark lighting and all they did was throw down some carpet and park a couple cars.
They had 2 Camaros and 2 Corvettes (other than the Z28 and Z06 that where behind a knee high wall to keep people away)
If I hadn't bought mine last year it sure as hell wouldn't have persuaded me any this year. The guy from GM there answering questions was brutal, I should have recorded him. Kept telling people that the ZL1 is the GM version of the "Hellcat" and that it has the "biggest engine" that GM makes !!
Old 02-20-2015, 02:33 AM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
My dealer told me the same thing about the new Camaro being smaller and built on the Caddy platform and with the option of a turbo-4 last week when I picked up my new truck.
That's exactly what she said to me as well....300lbs lighter as well.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:36 AM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
I thought the Chevrolet display was embarrassing !
It had to be the most boring one there, horrible dark lighting and all they did was throw down some carpet and park a couple cars.
They had 2 Camaros and 2 Corvettes (other than the Z28 and Z06 that where behind a knee high wall to keep people away)
If I hadn't bought mine last year it sure as hell wouldn't have persuaded me any this year. The guy from GM there answering questions was brutal, I should have recorded him. Kept telling people that the ZL1 is the GM version of the "Hellcat" and that it has the "biggest engine" that GM makes !!
I agree...the display wasn't very good...ford killed it..what a set up. Im going back tomorrow with my dad and my daughter.....hes close to retiring and wondering if a hell cat is what he needs for his lazy days off. I will try an talk to your buddy...maybe now I know ill hit record on my phone.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:39 AM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
Thanks for sharing
It makes me wonder whether to get the CTS-V or wait on the Camaro version whatever it's called
The cts v was fantastic looking....im curious how the Camaro will compare in size if its true about being built on the caddy frame. I would wait until you at least get a look at the new Camaro...the cts v will still be there waiting for you.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #11
platinum ss
Brandon Gilpin

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / 2014 Fiesta ST
Ya, people were incredibly inconsiderate there...even the guy that won the raffle for the PCC Mustang was a total a%$... just my two cents.
2011 Camaro 1SS Platinum ed. ls3 k&n CAI, BBK LT's, MBRP Cat Back, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Camshaft, Melling oil pump, Norris Catch Can, dyno tuned By AGP Speed & Custom, msd coils, taylor cables, Vmax ported throttle body, strut brace, eibach springs, hurst ST shifter.

Black on black, Private forged wheels, Oracle side marker lights, black tail light bezels, 3D Carbon body kit
platinum ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #12
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
300lbs less LOLLLL ...150lbs MAX!!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #13
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Wait and see if anything she said is auctually true.