Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-09-2016, 11:21 PM   #29
brick777

Drives: 1999 SS
Seat recline issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing this concern with the passenger seat in your Camaro. I see that a few of you are working with your dealership and some are planning to visit in the near future. If anyone would like an additional layer of support while their Camaro is in service, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide assistance in any way we can. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if this is something of interest.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Julie…I have a concern regarding this issue with the seats (driver/passenger). I plan on buying the 6th gen camaro, however, I am waiting for the ZL1 or Z28 when it arrives. I happen to be in a wheelchair and need the drivers seat to fully recline in order to get my chair in the car as I currently do with my 4th gen SS camaro that I bought new. My procedure is that I situate myself into the car seat and, then fully recline the seat so that I can lift and pull the chair up and across my body and drop the chair into the passenger side back seat. Then do the opposite to get out of the car. As you can see, the full recline position is vital for me in order to enjoy driving this car. I noticed via the complaints here on this forum and from first hand
experience that the 6th gen seats barely recline at all and certainly not enough in order for it to work for the wheelchair community. My intention is to buy the upcoming Z## car but, if those seats operate with the same limited reclineability, then this car will not be an option for many of us who are in wheelchairs. Is GM addressing this problem and will there be a fix to this problem ?

Thank you for your time.
brick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #30
DBNSSNH

Drives: 2017 2SS, HyperBlue, NPP, M6
Seems like Julie disappeared lol..
DBNSSNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #31
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
No, she had specific instructions in how to contact her. Hint: It wasn't posting questions in this thread.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:51 PM   #32
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
You would think when the manufacturer builds a power reclining seat they would test if it actually reclines. Maybe we should just go back to manual recline seats and save $900 and the aggravation.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #33
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
My dealer ordered a part for my passenger seat so it can recline as designed. I am taking it in next week to have them fix it.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #34
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
My dealer ordered a part for my passenger seat so it can recline as designed. I am taking it in next week to have them fix it.
Did you have to bring it in and wait all day to see what part they needed to order then come back again for the install? Just curious because in my case time is money and they told me no loaners at 3 Chevy dealers so far. I honestly hate bringing my car in for anything unless i have to. This i have to do but just cant loose this car for more then 2 days....
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #35
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Did you have to bring it in and wait all day to see what part they needed to order then come back again for the install? Just curious because in my case time is money and they told me no loaners at 3 Chevy dealers so far. I honestly hate bringing my car in for anything unless i have to. This i have to do but just cant loose this car for more then 2 days....
I had my blade spoiler installed at my dealer a few weeks ago. I had them look at the seat as well. So, by the time I picked up my car later that day they knew what part to order for the seat.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:29 PM   #36
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
I must have looked at about 6 Camaros so far and have yet to find one that reclines. Whats the point in having a motorized seat back if it won't recline? Also what sense does it make to incline so far in the forward position where its impossible to sit in? If someone is getting in the back seat just push the manual button to flip the seat forward.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #37
Beaveroner

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue
My passenger recliner being non-op is just one of the issues I've had. Also had two driver side speakers go out, and the two front seat covers have to be replaced as they were cut too short and the foam is showing to the sides. Dealer just got the seat recliner parts and now we're just waiting on the seat covers...... sigh

2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Beaveroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #38
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
We just got our car and my wife mentioned the same issue with the passenger seat. Upon looking it over, I felt like it had to be by design because at its fully reclined position, it comes back against the read seat and couldn't go back any further if it wanted to. Same for the drivers seat. I know on my 2012 Vette the recline is very limited too because of interference.
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:55 AM   #39
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
SO it's your fault? (j/k)

--kC
lol!!!!
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:57 AM   #40
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
If you can slide the seat rearward to the point the back of it presses against the rear seat bottom then its reclining fully. The seats dont recline all that much and I think thats why, it contacts the rear seats and I think they wanna avoid burning the motor out. I have an issue now with the passenger seat not reclining or inclining. The backrest portion of the seat is frozen. It slides forward and back ,up and down fine just the backrest is frozen. Can hear and feel the motor trying but no movement.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #41
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
If you can slide the seat rearward to the point the back of it presses against the rear seat bottom then its reclining fully. The seats dont recline all that much and I think thats why, it contacts the rear seats and I think they wanna avoid burning the motor out.

If that was the case they would just add a current limiting circuit. Today's power windows with one-touch auto up/down and auto reverse have a current sensing circuit that will cut off power to the motor when the current draw exceeds a certain level. Don't see why they don't use that on the seat recliner if they're worried about burning it up.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #42
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Personally i wish the seats reclined a tad more than they do. I dont drive with the seat slid all the way back anyway so theres room to recline a bit but it doent.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote