Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2016, 06:07 PM   #113
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Doesn't matter how you adjust your mirrors there still will be a blind spot. Last I checked they don't make cars to fit each individual person. IMHO those are a great safety feature and the more safety features that you have the cheaper your insurance will be.
I agree with you to a point , but the day when one will just about trust everything to the safety gadgets on the car , it will also be the day that we will just seat on it , and point to where you want to go , and the machine will take you there
Then send it back to your garage , and tell it to go and pick up the kids from school , take the mother in law to the doctor appointment , drive the to 7Eleven to get ice for the party etc

All that it's colder than you may think , think about Google , Apple, Tesla cars etc
One will be just a passenger the way things are moving
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:10 PM   #114
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I agree with you to a point , but the day when one will just about trust everything to the safety gadgets on the car , it will also be the day that we will just seat on it , and point to where you want to go , and the machine will take you there
Then send it back to your garage , and tell it to go and pick up the kids from school , take the mother in law to the doctor appointment , drive the to 7Eleven to get ice for the party etc

All that it's colder than you may think , think about Google , Apple, Tesla cars etc
It doesn't replace the driver it augments the driver. That's all.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #115
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

The new C class already has technology that allows it to drive itself. Active lane assist with adaptive speed control and intelligent drive system that will brake and steer to avoid collisions. Shockingly advanced stuff. It can drive itself but demands you have a minimal amount of input. Link below

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/techno...00ccec1e35RCRD

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #116
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
The new C class already has technology that allows it to drive itself. Active lane assist with adaptive speed control and intelligent drive system that will brake and steer to avoid collisions. Shockingly advanced stuff. It can drive itself but demands you have a minimal amount of input. Link below

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/techno...00ccec1e35RCRD
Do these cars come with some sort of stay awake feature? Seems to make falling asleep at the wheel all too much easier. I have heard of one that makes you keep a hand on the steering wheel, but I don't think that's enough. Needs a heart beat monitor that can watch your patterns, or a chime/vibration.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #117
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Do these cars come with some sort of stay awake feature? Seems to make falling asleep at the wheel all too much easier. I have heard of one that makes you keep a hand on the steering wheel, but I don't think that's enough. Needs a heart beat monitor that can watch your patterns, or a chime/vibration.
Looks like they have that too.
Quote:
ATTENTION ASSIST can now warn the driver of inattentiveness and drowsiness over an extended speed range.
A friend told me about this technology and my understanding is that you need to keep a hand on the wheel but it can otherwise drive the car.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #118
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Looks like they have that too.

A friend told me about this technology and my understanding is that you need to keep a hand on the wheel but it can otherwise drive the car.
Some people may not be familiar with what's called the Internet of things but it's actually a term used to describe connectivity. When is a shredder bin full, when does a soda cooler need refilling, etc. There are so many applications when your car is connected. Think of how much peace of mind as a parent you could have for your children if the car were to not start if they were drunk or if the car were to slow to a stop if someone fell asleep or had a seizure. But we're getting off topic. The only thing I don't want the car to do for me is donuts. That's my job!
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #119
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
I believe they have already developed this technological driving mode. All my cars have it already. I bet yours does too. Check your manual.

My driving mode is called:

(W)holly
(I)nteractive
(F)unctional Assist &
(E)xecution Mode
H(.)(.)ters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:49 PM   #120
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Yeah , there is a way to set the mirrors to make the blind spots just disappear

http://www.cartalk.com/sites/default...alkMirrors.pdf
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #121
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:

That's true I don't care to be driven around in a computer either. But some safety devices are a plus like this one. I for one enjoy the DRIVING experience not the riding. Especially in a car.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #122
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
What's a blind spot, I know how to use my mirror properly!
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #123
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
This is exactly the reason I never understood why us males had a higher premium.... Then I get behind the wheel of a sportscar and I quickly remember again lol.. That is a great pic though.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #124
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
In most cases you won't need a BSM, however, the "ability" to drive is in severe decline. I would PREFER to have the other idiots around me have BSM to protect ME from THEM.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #125
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
In most cases you won't need a BSM, however, the "ability" to drive is in severe decline. I would PREFER to have the other idiots around me have BSM to protect ME from THEM.
I'm actually all for it, sorry if I made it seem I was responding to you directly and in a sarcastic way. I just thought I'd have a little fun.

I saw a woman eating a Chipotle BOWL the other day while driving on the freeway, and actually I really doubt BSM can help those types, including the pic I posted.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #126
Gsal93

Drives: Sim
Zl1
Attached Images

Gsal93 is offline   Reply With Quote