Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Thumbs up Hawk Performance Brake Pad "Updated"

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Hawk Performance Ceramic Street Pads.

Hawk part numbers:

HB453Z.585 Front Set
HB194Z.570 Rear Set

These pads fit the follow applications:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - SS

Performance Ceramic

Ultimate stopping power in an ultra-low dust, low noise ceramic compound!
Hawk Performance has introduced a premium, high performance, ultra-low dust, low noise compound called Performance Ceramic.
Performance Ceramic is engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness), creating a quieter performing brake pad. Furthermore, the ceramic brake pad formula has a linear friction profile that allows your ABS brake system to work more effectively. With Performance Ceramic you can expect reduced brake pad wear, lower dust output levels and a rotor-friendly brake pad.

Performance Ceramic – quiet, clean & fast stopping!

Perfomance Ceramic Features:

• Increased stopping power
• Increased rotor life
• Extended pad life
• Ultra-low dust
• Extremely quiet
• Stable friction output

All Hawk Performance Performance Ceramic brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - SS HPS (High Performance Street) Brake Pads.

Hawk part numbers:

HB453F.585 Front Set
HB194F.570 Rear Set

HPS - High Performance Street

Street Superior Stopping Power

HPS - High Performance Street disc brake pads are world renowned for increasing stopping power on your street legal vehicle. Increasing the performance of your vehicles braking system is easy when you choose Hawk Performance’s HPS braking compound. This unique Ferro-Carbon formula was developed for street performance using the safety and quality of Aerospace and Motorsports severe-duty friction technology.

The High Performance Street compound offers a higher coefficient of friction over stock brake pads and can provide you 20-40% more stopping power and higher resistance to brake fade than most standard replacement pads. Less fade means you’ll have a highly durable brake pad with less brake dust.

HPS Ferro-Compound Features:

Increased stopping power
High friction/torque hot or cold
Gentle on rotors
Extended pad life
Low dust
Virtually noise-free

All Hawk Performance High Performance Street brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro - SS Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads.

Hawk part numbers:

HB453N.585 Front Set
HB194N.570 Rear Set

Hawk Performance HP Plus / Autocross

Hawk Performance’s HP Plus brake pad compound is ideal for Autocross and Track Day drivers looking for a high performance race compound that can take the heat of the track and get you home safely without having to change the pads.

HP Plus utilizes a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and “track day” applications. The Ferro-Carbon formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.

Extremely high coefficient of friction makes HP Plus the perfect upgrade over stock for high performance streetcars used in autocross competition or that experience repetitive, heavy braking.

Key Features:

Extremely High Friction Output
Fade Resistant
Worthy for Autocross & Club Racing Events
Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected.

All Hawk Performance HP Plus / Autocross brake pads provide a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring products to be free of defects from manufacturer’s workmanship and materials.

Note:
Hawk Performance burnishes its HP Plus brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Updated...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 07-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
I run the Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads on my Cobra and they are SQUEEEKY!! it sounds like a bus stopping everytime I hit the brakes!!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Now somebody needs to make some better lookign rotors and I will be all ove rthis!! oh yeah, and stainless brake lines!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I run the Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads on my Cobra and they are SQUEEEKY!! it sounds like a bus stopping everytime I hit the brakes!!
Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads

Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected.

Team LS3
Old 07-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #7
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Hawk HP Plus / Autocross Pads

I just threw that out there as a warning!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok, searched and found. Thanks Rads. I am a believer in ceramic pads. It has almost completely eliminated the dust on Bonnies car.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
ZZcamaro

I am going to be getting a set of these pads...stainless lines...and new rotors on my car in just a couple of weeks. It will stop much better than stock, and should stay a lot cleaner.

Hit me up if you are looking for anything.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #10
White Devil

Drives: Summit White 1SS Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Now somebody needs to make some better lookign rotors and I will be all ove rthis!! oh yeah, and stainless brake lines!
Baer and Brembo make rotor upgrades. The Fessler car has the baers.
White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
ZZcamaro

Is there a kit that is just rotors? I am trying to find just that kit...my Wholesaler is working on this also. These Calipers are enough for 99% of what we will ever need...all we need is rotors, pads and some stainless lines.

I will post any new info I come across.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
White Devil

Drives: Summit White 1SS Soon
That I don't know... but whoever does it will make some $$!
White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
So we get Brembo calipers and crap non-Brembo rotors? And I only thought they cut corners on the interior, LOL

-bobby
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Does anyone have an idea when the Hawk pads will be available for 2LT models?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote