Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #1261
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post

Anyone interested in this? Do you want to go as a group to represent Camaro5?
I will be out of town again so no can do but I have to add my 2cents, they send me every kind of email they can but nothing on this and they call me from info I gave them 2 years ago. They also have a boat load of Camaro inventory so this looks like a sales gimick more than a community thing at best, like I said my 2 cents. I would love to hear from my friends here that they are ready to change their ways.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #1262
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
Sorry, that's not what I meant. I guess I should have said. For any camaro that has an aftermarket supercharger or turbo, the track requires a helmet and fire jacket. We'll do our best to hit the low 12's!
I read that last night and was like...LMAO I had to say something about all of us being so slooooowww. LOL. Soon there will be more of us making it to y'alls level. I can feel it this Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Reliable BOOOOOOOOOO But if you guys are a go Im down, its ride or die with my Camaro5 gang
Second that completely. I still get parts for my customers at Reliable since the guys there are top notch. As far as their salesmen and management go...... ???

I can tell you that my better half completely grunts and turns purple red when I mention Reliable. She wouldn't go there if they were haning out free George Strait concert tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
I will be out of town again so no can do but I have to add my 2cents, they send me every kind of email they can but nothing on this and they call me from info I gave them 2 years ago. They also have a boat load of Camaro inventory so this looks like a sales gimick more than a community thing at best, like I said my 2 cents. I would love to hear from my friends here that they are ready to change their ways.
I know Galles did this a long while back as a Farewell to the Camaro in 2002. It was cool but hardly anybody showed up. I'm betting Tom is right on with this. Trying to stir up some sales via emailing folks. ??!!

I'd be into it if some of our hardcore, first gen Camaro owners had been contacted about it. Aside from the gang here, nobody that I know with other older Camaros have told me that they heard about it. Meaning, if this is/was a genuine attempt to get some sort of Camaro Club rolling, I'd check it out.

Hell, I don't know why I'm even rationalizing. We all know I won't get off to make it in time anyhow.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #1263
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

How was the track today!!!!????

I know it was on...I heard it during lunchtime at Drill.

LOL
Ivan
Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #1264
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
I stopped out at the track at 10:00 didn't see any C-5ers, stayed a couple of hours & nobody showed :(, there were several nice cars out there, only a few older gen camaros though.

I'd be interested in checking out the Camaro thingy at Reliable, on of the Camaro owners I met on base who bought his Camaro there mentioned that they were going to start this up. What the heck, the least we could do is show up and eat their food !!!
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #1265
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
I stopped out at the track at 10:00 didn't see any C-5ers, stayed a couple of hours & nobody showed :(, there were several nice cars out there, only a few older gen camaros though.

I'd be interested in checking out the Camaro thingy at Reliable, on of the Camaro owners I met on base who bought his Camaro there mentioned that they were going to start this up. What the heck, the least we could do is show up and eat their food !!!
Let's find out if they have cake........that might be the deal maker for me personally.

Off to PT. I'll check in later.

Woot for Weekend Drill!
Ivan
Old 11-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #1266
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Did someone say food Oh I gotta go now, although its gonna be hard to hold my tongue about how lousy their sales department and managers are Trouble comes this way lol
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #1267
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
How was the track today!!!!????

I know it was on...I heard it during lunchtime at Drill.

LOL
Ivan
We never made it. Darren's car was on the trailer, and I was driving behind him, his wheel was wobbling and then the tire blew. We think his bearings are bad. By the time we got it fixed and back home it was after noon, We still wanted to go, but it's and hour and a half round trip, and we had some other stuff to do before the Lobo game. It's a shame because we drove the cars around here and they really felt fast. I think the conditions were really good yesterday. Sorry we missed you Howard.:( Low 12's will have to wait till next year.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #1268
Ocikat

Sounds like a good oportunity to tell them what you think !! if they are an upstanding business, they will/should listen to their customers. Don't hold back Andre !!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #1269
Ocikat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
We never made it. Darren's car was on the trailer, and I was driving behind him, his wheel was wobbling and then the tire blew. We think his bearings are bad. By the time we got it fixed and back home it was after noon, We still wanted to go, but it's and hour and a half round trip, and we had some other stuff to do before the Lobo game. It's a shame because we drove the cars around here and they really felt fast. I think the conditions were really good yesterday. Sorry we missed you Howard.:( Low 12's will have to wait till next year.
I say we petition the track management for a special private EMERGENCY track day. next year is just tooooooooooooo long to wait !!

Hope everything is ok with the trailer/car. was hoping to see you out there with your new 69 baby
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #1270
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
The more I thought about it and the more I read our thread....the more mad I got and remembered how bad they treated me when I was looking to buy the New Camaro!!!I vote with a no show! We have our own club going here and we don't need a bunch of salesman trying to sell us a new one! Their reputation preceeds them!!!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #1271
Ocikat

When I was back in Maryland, Win Kelly Chevrolet sponsored a Camaro club, it really had nothing to do with the dealer other than they supported it with a place to meet, provided food & beverages, and did offer discounts for parts & service, there really weren't any sales people involved in it. I still think we should go eat their food !!
Iv'e had no experience with Reliable at all either good or bad, the only comment I would make is; If you had a bad experience here or at any business for that matter,... Did you tell someone there ?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #1272
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
So I went to El Paso Motorplex for their last drag day of the season... And was sorely disappointed comparing the track to ABQ Dragway ... El Paso has a lower altitude and I lost about 2 tenths on my average... Was hoping to gain 2-4 tenths and be running constant high 13s!! The track was 100% concrete, so that was cool, but it went uphill slightly With my manual it was hard to stay still and not roll backward at the starting line!!

However, there were alot of cool people there and I enjoyed getting on it all day!! Made about 20 passes over the course of 8 hours lol. Entered into the bracket race and went out in the 2nd round :(. Not bad for my first time trying to dial in on a time, I was about .07 - .1 off on my times and the 4th gen camaro that beat me 2nd round was closer to his time by .04!

Next year I am for sure planning on running in their season, maybe make a few trips to ABQ as well!
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #1273
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
New Camaro Club

Here's the email response from Holly at Reliable. If you guys are interested email her and let her know. As of today, I plan on going.

We are extremely happy to announce the beginnings of a Camaro Club at Reliable Chevrolet!

Camaro Club Meeting (dinner will be provided)
Thursday, November 18th, 2010
6:00pm
Reliable Chevrolet Showroom

We would like to invite you to attend this initial meeting to learn all about the Camaro Club, including Parts and Service discounts for Camaro Club members at Reliable, upcoming car shows, and other fun events we are working on.

Our first meeting will be filled with lots of door prizes and lots of Camaro fanatics!

We hope to see you soon!

Please RSVP to Holly Flandermeyer at hflandermeyer@vtaig.com or 505-338-5813

Let me know if you need anything else and looking forward to meeting you on Thursday.

Holly

Curt
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #1274
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I'm planning to join you. Anyway if anyone tries to sell me anything, I can always say "I need another camaro like I need a hole in my head" Who knows maybe we can recruit some more people to our camaro5 group.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote