Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
Ocx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've resurrected this thread because of the good and bad information that resides within. If you search "2010 Camaro + Cleansweep" you will see this thread listed almost at the top.

Perhaps one of the more experience Audiophiles can comment and cleanup all of this bad info? Why? Because I'm about to buy a Cleansweep and would hate to think I need a Signal Summer as well. Spending $400+ to make a factory HU sound like aftermarket doesn't make much sense when you can get some nice aftermarket HU's (really nice) for $400 or more.

--What I've learned so far from this forum--
1. The factory HU in the Non-BA needs a Cleansweep, the signal is jacked up as seen in previous well known threads.

2. The factory HU in the BA systems is not as bad, its more even and flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauchpete View Post
I did a clean sweep on my car with out BA.
If you are just doing it as for sub woofers you really dont need a clean sweep you would need more like an audiocontrol line driver.
If you are replacing all of the speakers in the car and adding 4 channel amp you need a cleansweep and a summoning device for the clean sweep since the signals are crossed over you need the summoning device to put it back not crossed over then from there you run it into the clean sweep.
3. This is really the reason for my posting. Does this make sense?
Ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
Silver-SS

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
I remember reading a thread from a member that has a competition silver camaro I believe a ba system. He ran a rta on the stock deck and it was all over the place. He sent the deck to pioneer (he said was oem manufacturer) and had them program it with a flat output. Look it up, he was big into iasca comp. He posted his build in here somewhere.
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocx View Post
I've resurrected this thread because of the good and bad information that resides within. If you search "2010 Camaro + Cleansweep" you will see this thread listed almost at the top.

Perhaps one of the more experience Audiophiles can comment and cleanup all of this bad info? Why? Because I'm about to buy a Cleansweep and would hate to think I need a Signal Summer as well. Spending $400+ to make a factory HU sound like aftermarket doesn't make much sense when you can get some nice aftermarket HU's (really nice) for $400 or more.

--What I've learned so far from this forum--
1. The factory HU in the Non-BA needs a Cleansweep, the signal is jacked up as seen in previous well known threads.

2. The factory HU in the BA systems is not as bad, its more even and flat.

3. This is really the reason for my posting. Does this make sense?

If anything, think you have 1 and 2 backwards.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #18
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
I have mine running through a BitOne without any problems.....sounds great!!
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
MS8 FTW