Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
East Coasters Feeling Jaded??

Is it just me or do you all who live on the East Coast feel jaded that C5 Fest II is so far away? Did anyone make the trip with their Camaro? I wish there was an East Coast fest :(
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
SolarFlare

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT
Midwest too... :(
SolarFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
didn't go, to far for sure. ... heading to the Oshawa show in June though.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I could be WAY wrong here, but wasn't C5 last year on the Eastern part of the country? No matter where they put the event, it's going to make it harder on some folks to attend then others.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
yep.... being on the east coast it would have been a major expense. maybe next year they will hold it in florida during the time of year when everyone is itching to drive their rides after a long cold winter.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Umm.......it was in Georgia last year guys........that's East enough. When they scheduled it last year, they had no idea how big and what they were getting into. I am hoping they pick a central location to hold it there every year. If they are betting on moving the Fest around annually, then next year, they will probably have it North.

I didn't go this year, because its technically a 2 day's drive. As long as the trip is a 1 day drive, I am good. I refuse to drive half the week to spend time somewhere for less than a week.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
I could be WAY wrong here, but wasn't C5 last year on the Eastern part of the country? No matter where they put the event, it's going to make it harder on some folks to attend then others.
Yes, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Umm.......it was in Georgia last year guys........that's East enough. When they scheduled it last year, they had no idea how big and what they were getting into. I am hoping they pick a central location to hold it there every year. If they are betting on moving the Fest around annually, then next year, they will probably have it North.

I didn't go this year, because its technically a 2 day's drive. As long as the trip is a 1 day drive, I am good. I refuse to drive half the week to spend time somewhere for less than a week.
True, but last year I didn't have my C5. I guess I was too late.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I know it was in Georgia, but I didn't have a Camaro until this year, but hopefully next year!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'm on the West coast, and I couldn't go because of work. I'm only jaded about my job...
Oh well, at least I have a job, or I wouldn't have the Camaro!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
Is it just me or do you all who live on the East Coast feel jaded that C5 Fest II is so far away? Did anyone make the trip with their Camaro? I wish there was an East Coast fest :(
Some of us wish there was a WEST coast Fest too

Arizona, contrary to what many of you think, is NOT the west coast
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #11
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
It was in the SE last year.

There are groups driving from all over the country in their Camaros right now heading to Phoenix. Some had to take the whole week to get there.

I would have had to take the whole week off from work and part of next to get there and back in my Camaro.

To be fair, it has to be someplace. No matter where they have it, it's going to be hard for some of us to get there. Here is hoping they'll have it in the NE or midwest next year.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Yanno, there's this big bike event held in the same place every year....pretty popular..... what's the name......oh yeah Sturgis

CFest could easily be the same thing, host it in Kansas or Oklahoma, easily pretty equal all around distance wise, decent tracks, open areas, and accessible by many major highways...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Yea, last year it was in South Georgia, and I think it was fair to go west this year. I got to go to the one in Adel Georgia, and would have loved to go to the one in AZ. Maybe they can pick a closer central location next year.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
I'd drive down to Virginia or Kentucky...
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote