Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #15
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by legbuh View Post
Here's a thought I had. I have noticed a few subtle changes the PO did to the car. K&N CAI, the exhaust switch, aftermarket radio..

Is there any way or reason that the mag ride could or would have been disabled, or permanently put into a certain mode? The buttons do light up when pressed, I just really don't feel any difference with any mode. I haven't tried the launch control yet either.
I dont see why any of thoses changes would affect the mag ride. I have more mods than that and no ill effects. Unless he changed the control arms and didn't reconnect the linkages to the sensors at the wheel. The sensors are connected right?
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #16
legbuh

Drives: 13camaroZL1v,06 911, 18 StingerGT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I dont see why any of thoses changes would affect the mag ride. I have more mods than that and no ill effects. Unless he changed the control arms and didn't reconnect the linkages to the sensors at the wheel. The sensors are connected right?
I'll need to look. Since I'm new to the Camaro scene, I didn't know if there were any "mods" that people did that disabled the mag ride for one reason or another. I wasn't suggesting the known mods were causing an issue...
legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:39 AM   #17
FasNuf

Well, if the buttons light up and the sensor linkages are connected, no codes and no leaking, then I'm stumped. Pretty sure its controlled by the BCU, so there might be a problem with that. Sounds like a dealer might need to diagnose it. I dont think you can scan for codes on that module unless you have a pretty high end scanner.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #18
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by legbuh View Post
Here's a thought I had. I have noticed a few subtle changes the PO did to the car. K&N CAI, the exhaust switch, aftermarket radio..

Is there any way or reason that the mag ride could or would have been disabled, or permanently put into a certain mode? The buttons do light up when pressed, I just really don't feel any difference with any mode. I haven't tried the launch control yet either.
If the exhaust switch was located in the console, they may have accidentally pull the connectors off the buttons when lifting out the center console.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:55 PM   #19
FasNuf

Put it in #5 Race mode. You should definately feel it then.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:06 AM   #20
bdunshee

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
tour\sport

I don't have any suggestion, and may be restating, but I keep mine in tour, when I change it to sport, I notice the immediate change in ride firmness.

But you don't have hold the button down for any time to go between modes.

I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member. - G. Marx
bdunshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:18 PM   #21
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Put it in #5 Race mode. You should definately feel it then.

It's a Vert no PTM 5.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote