Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #29
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
i've got one with a cable that you can loop around the seat frame underneath. i haven't used it in the camaro yet.
i used to use it when i had to valet park at the hospital every day. it's only long enough for a colt mustang or luger lcp.
i used to throw my cel phone and garmin gps in there too.

here's another way.
http://www.securityprousa.com/vesehocarseh.html

I use the safe with the cable in my camaro with no problem at all..just because you have a carry permit does not mean you can carry every where you go ...in TN they are very picky about where you cant go with your sidearm so I lock mine up when i have to in the safe in the car...but as soon as I am back in the car out comes the sidearm
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
gun rack in the window.
LMAO!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 01:17 AM   #31
Kasyca

Drives: Camaro 1997 Z/28
I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.If my car is going to be left somewhere outside of my garage for any extended length of time, I remove my gun from the car. Someone with the right tools could take my gunvault, but nearly all thefts from vehicles are done as either smash-n-grabs or a result of lifting door handles until an open car is found. In either case, the thief takes what they can quickly get their hands on and won't jack with anything they can't. Most people who get their cars broken into either left their car unlocked in a public place, or they left something in plain sight in the vehicle that made someone think that item(s) was worth money. Laptop bags and purses seem to be the items I see stolen the most. For the life of me, I still cannot comprehend why so many women insist upon leaving their purses in plain view in their cars.I have a NRA portable gun safe for car in my auto, but only so I have a place to lock my firearm up when I'm going somewhere I can't legally carry, like a school, federal building or a courthouse. I often look at Youtube for different videos on this topic, I will leave one here, maybe this will be useful to someone in the future.

Last edited by Kasyca; 10-07-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Kasyca is offline   Reply With Quote