Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Technostalgia taillight power source?

I've had my taillights in my car for a few years now. The only issue I had like many others is when the car sits for a few weeks and the lights start random flashing due to low battery voltage. Now I make sure the battery tender is hooked up if I'm not planning to drive for 2 or 3 weeks so that issue doesn't come up. I looked for an alternative place to hook up the red power wire instead of the positive side of the battery so there would only be power when the ignition is in the on position to prevent battery drain when not driven.
All the fuses in the fuse block found in the trunk are hot. I don't really want to run a wire all the way to the front if I can help it. Would that be my only option?
I could add a toggle switch inside the trunk but I would rather not.
What have you guys done?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
I've had Technostalgia tail lights for 4 years now and mine plugged into the factory harness and operate like the factory lights normally do. The only wire I did not hook up was the purple on for the show mode.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Gossamer

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
can you still get the technostalgia lights? I saw a youtube video recently and they look really really cool.
Gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote