Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
WillTuker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
Arrow Cutting Out Stock Resonators

Has anyone cut out their stock resonators? If so, what do you think of the outcome?

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
WillTuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Replaced with xpipe, little drone down below but you can hear the exhaust come out in waves and is supposed to give you SOME hp gain.. Sounds good to me.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Put mine back in.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Lost mine a while back and dont miss it
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #5
WillTuker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
Would cutting out the BOTH the H-pipe AND resonators .. and then replacing it with a Magnaflow Res x-pipe be okay? I'm just hesitant of cutting those to out and then adding in the res x-pipe which is essentially a muffler.. I want loud but people are saying the res x pipe will tone it down ALOT

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
WillTuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:37 AM   #6
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTuker View Post
Would cutting out the BOTH the H-pipe AND resonators .. and then replacing it with a Magnaflow Res x-pipe be okay? I'm just hesitant of cutting those to out and then adding in the res x-pipe which is essentially a muffler.. I want loud but people are saying the res x pipe will tone it down ALOT
Your looking for an aftermarket Catback? There are a thousand posts on here about exhausts. When they say "tone down" that doesn't mean quieter, it means "deeper", because the V-6 can be higher pitch. You want loud, give Cherry Bomb catback a try. That was my first after market exhaust, then I put in the Borla side exit exhaust, loudest exhaust right under your window. Now I have Borla exhaust, which is the GM performance exhaust, nice sound when reved,WOT, but very quiet at 65mph. Good luck in your search, have fun.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #7
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
The X pipe will tone it down but you could get a non resonated x pipe and cut the stock resonators out. that should give you the rasp..... i mean sound you're looking for.
Oh! and before you say why replace the H pipe with a non resonated X pipe; the X pipe is better for the "scavenging effect". essentially X pipes work better opposed to H pipes.