Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
WillTuker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
3" Custom Exhaust with muffler/res/H-pipe delete

I have a 2013 2lt with K&N intake, ported throttl body, solo high flow cats and currently just the 2.5" pipe back to the tips.. I have a lot of what sounds like rattle.. Was wondering if anyone has done 3" pipe all the way back from the cats and what that might sound like??

Also, my right LED fog lights and right Oracle LED reverse light keep going out. Has this happened to anyone else?

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
WillTuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Do you have the oem catback or the Loudmouth 1 like your sig says?

3" pipe would naturally lose some flow in theory but one of the guys on the LLT forum (DJ ATOMIX) did 3" from a 2.5" resonated x pipe back and it sounds amazing. I was going to experiment with 3" plus mufflers... again, in theory the 3" pipe has lower exhaust velocity and would thus produce a deeper tone.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
WillTuker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
I have the loud mouth 1.. Wondering if the 3" tubing would help

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
WillTuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Well here, this is the link that has the resonated x pipe (2.5" in/out) and 3" pipe to the back. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298266
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Here's another guy that did it! I think I'm sold... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=23
Old 04-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTuker View Post
I have a 2013 2lt with K&N intake, ported throttl body, solo high flow cats and currently just the 2.5" pipe back to the tips.. I have a lot of what sounds like rattle.. Was wondering if anyone has done 3" pipe all the way back from the cats and what that might sound like??

Also, my right LED fog lights and right Oracle LED reverse light keep going out. Has this happened to anyone else?
For me, the tone got deeper going from 2.25" to 3" pipes and the drone reduced significantly. Highway driving became much more pleasent.

As soon as I had the 3" pipes installed, I put my mrt exhaust up for sale, no hesitation what so ever.

the resonated xpipe keeps your back pressure so you don't loose any torque.

as for 3" from the cats back, that im not sure. I dont think the 3" version of the resonated xpipe would fit on our cars in that space where the hpipe was. You could always experiment.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
DSX_Camaro

I would be slightly worried about losing flow at that point... It wouldn't exactly make sense for our engines to be pushing 3" pipes unless FI. But I could be wrong.

If nothing else, custom 3" downpipes could be an option if you're experimenting.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I would be slightly worried about losing flow at that point... It wouldn't exactly make sense for our engines to be pushing 3" pipes unless FI. But I could be wrong.

If nothing else, custom 3" downpipes could be an option if you're experimenting.

have to agree i have 3 inch pipe install and for a na car you will lose alot of back pressure which will decrease your hp.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
DSX_Camaro

Right. And you don't want to start big and neck down. But (As with DJ ATOMIX and the other C5 member) clearly if you have an x pipe at 2.5" it keeps the flow even though you step it up to 3". And 3" pipes sound much better.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #10
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Right. And you don't want to start big and neck down. But (As with DJ ATOMIX and the other C5 member) clearly if you have an x pipe at 2.5" it keeps the flow even though you step it up to 3". And 3" pipes sound much better.

The resonated xpipe actually improves the performance of our cars. The xpipe does a better job of scavenging than the hpipe does so its kinda a win win.

I guess if your cats were high flow with 3" outs and you used an 3" version of res xpipe then 3" to the rear end then that might work....

Are there 3" cats out there for our cars??

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #11
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
The resonated xpipe actually improves the performance of our cars. The xpipe does a better job of scavenging than the hpipe does so its kinda a win win.

I guess if your cats were high flow with 3" outs and you used an 3" version of res xpipe then 3" to the rear end then that might work....

Are there 3" cats out there for our cars??
Yes badlandz has a nice setup that I am using. For pics check my build thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
DSX_Camaro

I thought about 3" downpipes... but then, as previously shown, no cats on the LFX sounds raspy usually. Which is why I haven't done them yet. But my high flows with the solo resonators tacked on sound excellent. So perhaps we need some resonated 3" downpipes?