Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #43
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
Frank my 3.70 stange rear was awesome ...
Now i got the 2.91 installed and its awesome as well..
Thanks for setting me up Frank with a great setup once again.!
Do you still have the 3.70 rear... might be fun to swap that in for drag racing...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #44
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Do you still have the 3.70 rear... might be fun to swap that in for drag racing...
Or would you possibly want to sell that 3.70?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #45
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
i still have the 3.70 dont think im selling though i like to to much just waiting till after the mile in march to swap back out .
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #46
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
Frank at DSS is one of the most helpful colleague's that I have ever dealt with. He supported us last year and our DSS 9" IRS driven car went into the 9's in full street trim, with the stock motor.

This year, on the new motor with low boost (8psi) we've seen a 1.39 60' on a crap track with 17" drag radials, driving to and from my house with the whole 9" IRS. I'll be happy when we are launching off full boost, on a real tire.

Frank has answered my questions via email or phone calls Saturdays and Sundays, the technical support is amazing.
Crap track? Lemme guess.. Bradenton? Always an adventure there. If you don't trailer your car in you may destroy it before even getting on the track from all the potholes and busted pavement / dirt roads getting in. Then once you do hit the track it's a crap shoot if you will hook or spin like crazy. Then run the risk of trashing wheels and suspension again on the return road from hell. In the back of mind i always wonder if the newbies there will exit to the left or the right. Kinda scary if you're in the right lane and have to wonder about the guy next to you turning into your path.

Can't really blame the owners though. Not like it's a gold mine and it needs more work than a field find 1st gen.
About all we have around anymore besides the Lakeland 1/8 mile

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #47
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Sorry to bring an old dead thread back. I seem to have a "broken" outer CV on my level 5 drivers side axle. I left a voicemail and e-mail for DSS tonight after hours, and...knowing that my axles are at least 2 or 3 years old...I'm actually looking forward to working with them to figure out what went wrong, and how we fix it. I'd like to think length isn't a problem...whatever it is...I don't fault DSS...my car only does makes 500 rwhp, but it's dead hooked many many times on my ET Streets...and the Exedy twin plate clutch is NOT forgiving at all...it's seen a few 7K rpm clutch dumps, and to be honest, I'm surprised more things haven't broken doing that.

Hopefully we can figure it out and I can put my mind at ease. I need to look into a new center section now too...since when whatever happened happened...the clutch style limited slip really took a beating.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:40 AM   #48
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
Thanks for the email, last night. as you said you have the older design and we will update them when there sent in, follow the instructions on the email.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #49
MikeOD

Awesome. Thanks for the fast reply. I'll get them out and send you the info you need ASAP.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #50
MikeOD

I'm pretty sure they're the new design, but either way, you guys have them now. Hopefully they're fixable. Thanks for working with me... If you need any more info about the car to figure out what went wrong just ask.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #51
MikeOD

I just want to say that DSS is a great company to deal with. My axles are out of warranty and broken, and they're helping me every step of the way to get my car back on the road again. I think they're going above and beyond, and I wish I could do more than tell people how happy I am with their customer service.

I'm a customer for life. Soon as I build a different vehicle they'll get a phone call.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #52
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
DSS is the best.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:17 PM   #53
MikeOD

Received my axles back today and got them installed. So happy to be driving my car again. Can't say enough good things about DSS.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #54
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
I know sometimes a post can get a little off topic so i figured we would post up what we found when this "Busted 1400Hp axle" was returned. We have been beating this tread up a bit and no one really knew what the issue was. Well like i had said in past posts This gentleman had Purchased the Lingenfelter rear after not being happy with the 9" noise problem some have endured from the Strange Center sections (Strange have since figured out the issue, some were just bad gears and others not set up correctly but not an issue now)

When this customer called and asked if we could swap out a new set of 1400hp axles he has purchased for the stock diff for to the ones to fit the Lingenfelter rear we were more than willing to help as usual. A few days later He called and said that the axles did fit, I had warned him that the ones Lingenfelter requested for the car were .500 longer but he said it had the correct play and here we are.

The 108mm CV is only 1.312 thick and total usable travel is about 1.00" so having a axle that is .500 short would be an issue (with 1" of travel the ball will have to sit in the middle of the race, take .500 off and it will be at the end of its travel). I have taken pictures of the internal part that failed (1st one we have ever seen break and its the same one in every record breaking car to date) as you can see i have put both Green and red marks on the part. the green marks are where the wear pattern should be. the red marks speak for themselves as you can see in the lowest ball track in the picture the ball actually rolled off the surface. This more than likely put the Cv in bind and broke the part.

We here at DSS will go out of our way to help you out, all we ask is to be fair to us. Rumors and all sorts of things can be said but here is the info. This customer had a 9" of ours (We refunded the entire amount and sold it to some who is happy with it) He has now sold this Lingenfelter Diff because of "the axle" when its clear where the problem was, We even went as far to send him out a new set of axles (even before we saw the old ones) The gentleman that is buying the diff was going to do Road Racing so we allowed the person to send the axles back, we changed them to the Road Race style axles (again at no charge) and there on there way to him now.

I guess what im trying to say here is don't be too quick to judge and change direction. These are performance cars and need to be put together correctly, if you do have a problem with ours or any other manufactures part please take the time to find the problem before heading in a different direction. The end result may be better than where you end up.....

p.s. the 300m Race was in this car for quite some time riding at the end of its travel and lasted quite well, imagine how it works when its where it should be.........
Is the .5" longer shaft required apply to both sides for the LPE 9.5" Diff, or just the passenger side?
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 09-19-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #55
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
The axles have changed over the years from a bolt on outer, to a solid outer with a moving inner to the current one with a Fixed outer so it would hard to say unless i know what axle we were comparing it to.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote